Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September LSAT Cancellation

tiredgorltiredgorl Core Member

hi all
so I have not been as diligent with my studies as I should have been over the summer because of some unexpected life events. I do most of logical reasoning+reading comprehension qs right however I am still struggling with games as I started to study it pretty recently. Do you think I should postpone my exam even though September is disclosed and I can get a performance sheet back? This one would be my first Lsat exam ever so I can't tell if I'm just freaking out or not. Please help with any advice you can give TIA

Comments

• BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
    204 karma

Being nervous about it is normal, but I would definitely recommend postponing your test if you don't think you'll be at your target score by that date. For me, the performance sheet from the disclosed test doesn't matter as much as the score. So if I didn't feel ready for September, I would just postpone to October or November even though they are non-disclosed. When I looked at the October and November tests for my area, there were not test centers within 300 miles of me. So I would check if those tests are being offered near you and plan accordingly.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

What is your goal score and what is the average of your last few PTs?

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

You have until the 21st I believe to postpone. I say do a random PT on the 19th, see how you are scoring in general, and if you are not where you want to be then postpone. Where are you at right now? You know yourself very well; do you think you can prepare by september? I know some people who only need to study for a month and can do great. Me, on the other hand, has to study like 6mo dilligently before I can do well (but I am a slower learner). It depends on where you are and where you see yourself in september.

I honestly dont think disclosed/undisclosed makes a big difference. I took the July LSAT, and was not prepared in the slightest (but hey, free retake), and I truthfully dont know what the big deal about disclosed/non-disclosed is. So, if that factor is the only thing preventing you from switching dates, then just switch. I dont think it matters in the end and you can always write again if you feel you have to.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

There's no shame in postponing. In many cases, it is the smart thing to do. Without knowing your goal score/current PT score, as well as where you're hoping to apply, I can't give a great recommendation. But I will say that with time (likely months) I truly believe that absolutely everyone can master games.

Based on what you've said, I would postpone to November if you are absolutely certain you want to apply this cycle. If you can apply next cycle, then give yourself even more time.

Best of luck in your decision!

• I am in this same Situation right now. Except I want to postpone to Next Year so I end up starting College in 2021. Now that's more daunting to me

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

@"Lsat will kill me but I might kill it faster" said:
    I am in this same Situation right now. Except I want to postpone to Next Year so I end up starting College in 2021. Now that's more daunting to me

same haha

• tiredgorltiredgorl Core Member
    44 karma

@"Lsat will kill me but I might kill it faster" said:
    I am in this same Situation right now. Except I want to postpone to Next Year so I end up starting College in 2021. Now that's more daunting to me

same here but i'm not stressing that anymore. goal is to get a good mark idc about when anymore. and if anyone is curious i postponed to January and i'm still freaking out.