Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 72 was a disaster?

GoingtolawschoolGoingtolawschool Alum Member
edited August 2019 in General 184 karma

I just gave my 7th PT and I bombed it. PT 72 is my lowest score so far with a 153 actual score. I was scoring in mid 160s for my previous 3 prep tests so I don't really know what happened with this particular one. I'm planning on taking the test in October and targeting to give 1-2 Prep tests each week.
Any advice on how I should move ahead? LR is currently my weakest section and I'm in the midst of foolproofing LG.
Would really appreciate some advice from anyone who's been in this position!

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Honestly, usually the PTs where you do the worst (even though a 153 is really not that bad lol -- that is what i am averaging) are where you learn the most.

This PT tackled more of your weak areas, unless you were just not focused, so put more time into your BR. Really go over where you went wrong. Think f it this way: its better to make all your mistakes now than on the exam.

And dont get discouraged. Take a break, go for a walk, grab a coffee, and dont worry. Seriously, stress makes you perform worse. I did 1test when I was super stressed, and got like 5-6 right. During my BR I got 5 wrong. I know its easier said than done, just dont get discouraged or doubt your abilities or all the work that you have put in so far!

• GoingtolawschoolGoingtolawschool Alum Member
    184 karma

@Lolo1996 thanks a lot for your advice. I will definitely try to spend a lot of time on BR and figuring out the problems.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

@jappy215 YES! Thats the spirit! Come back to this PT a month or two later after you BR it to death. Granted, you may make some of the same errors again (like me! Its my specialty), but you wont make them on the actual LSAT, and that is what counts!

Youll kill the LSAT, dont worry ;)

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    edited August 2019 1058 karma

Hey I got toasted on PT 72 a few months ago. I got the same score on PT 70, 71 and 73. What I got on PT 72 was 4 points lower than my average at the time. To this day PT 72 is my worst performance ever. But I ended up getting 5 points higher on test day than what I got on PT 72. It was a difficult test; the infamous last game combined with an insanely difficult LR section. Don't you worry! It's happened to many before. But what I'm curious about is: are those 3 previous tests post-70 PTs? Are you taking PTs chronologically?

184 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 That's so good to hear haha. The previous 3 PTs were 64, 68 and 70. I'm skipping some PTs in the middle in case I need to come back to those if I decide to take the test again. Do you have a recommended set of PTs I should take until the test in October/November (not sure which one yet)?

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

I think it's generally acknowledged that PT 72 is "harder" (people will say all the PTs are the same difficulty because it's a standardized test, and that the variations exist between section difficulties, but I still believe PT 72 is pretty hard haha). I remember being super demoralized after the RC and I think this one might also be the one with the weird pattern game?

Anyway, try not to take it too bad, and just continue chugging along!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Maybe see it as a good thing because it wasn't a live graded test, but rather a teaching experience.

184 karma

@BlindReviewer yes it is the one with the weird game haha. Thanks for the support!!

184 karma

@lsatplaylist yess, I'm so glad it wasn't a live test.