Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to close the Blind Review gap

sethcook3sethcook3 Member
in General 36 karma

I have been studying for about 2 months and I am currently averaging around 164-165 on prep tests but my blind review scores are 174-175. I am consistently going -0/-2 on LR and -4/-5 on RC but LG can be anywhere from -4/-11. But in blind review I go -1/-2 in every section. I have only taken like 4 prep tests and my scores have been 158, 161, 163, 165. How should I go about closing the gap as quickly as possible specifically in regard to LG aside from just rewatching the core curriculum videos?

Comments

• sillyquillysillyquilly Member
    121 karma

Dude first, great job! If I were you I would watch JY's explanation of the game and then solve the game after he explained it. Put the game aside and come back every so often and just drill the heck out of the games you have already done. You should mix it up and make some question sets if you are struggling with a particular game type. Drill Drill Drill. Good luck studying!

• BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
    204 karma

For me to get to -2-0 on games every time, I had to apply the method outlined in the CC. I would print off the game (usually all four of a given test) and measure the time it took me to answer all of the questions on a given game. Then I would write the time in the top right corner. Once I had completed all four, I would go back and blind review. If I had completed a game in the recommended time limit with all of the answers correct, I would ask whether or not I felt like I "owned" the game. If that was the case, I would write down my best time for that game in my notebook and remove it from rotation. If I didn't get it in the time limit, get all of the answers correct, or didn't feel like I had mastered it, I would print it off again and repeat the process two days later. After I had mastered all of the games from tests 1-35, I would wait a couple weeks and go back to one at random. Just to make sure I had retained all of the inferences. Using my notebook I could look at discrepancies in my time and adjust accordingly. After I complete a PT now, I take those games and apply the same methodology to them. It took me about 3 weeks of studying to get from -6ish to -2-0.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

The good news (as others have alluded to before) is that the section you are struggling on is the "easiest" to improve. I would go with the foolproofing method and tweak it to your needs. For me, I used PTs 1-20, and would randomly select which LG I would do (e.g. would do PT3 S1 Game 2, then PT1 S4 Game 3, et cetera). I would do 16 games in a row without a break, just noting how long each one took. This was a way to build stamina. I would then go back and note what I got wrong/right, and would think through how to handle more difficult situations. It got me to a -0 average for LG, from a -8ish situation when I started 7Sage. Congrats on crushing the other sections so far!