Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you take a fullly timed PT AND finish BR on the same day?

Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
in General 1058 karma

I've been feeling guilty for not being able to finish both in a day. After a fully timed 5 section PT, I can probably BR for 1.5 hrs max. I have to do the rest on the following day. Was wondering if any of you guys out there were also in my shoes.

Comments

• Jay HawladerJay Hawlader Alum Member
    105 karma

I would also like to know the answer of this please

• 92 karma

Yes! I take a PT in the morning, break for lunch and then BR two sections. I finish the rest two / three sections and also review/make notes the next day. Giving myself space from the test helps me retake my circled questions with fresh eyes and also my brain doesn't get fried :smile:

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

I usually finish a PT in the morning. BR 1-2 sections in the evening and will finish the rest the next day. I don’t BR LG as intensively as I do with LR and RC. I will also take time to look at JY’s videos, summarize what I need to improve on and come up with strategies accordingly.

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

It usually takes me 2-3 days to do a full blind review, sometimes longer.

• BranTwiceBranTwice Alum Member
    204 karma

I do a lot better on the BR when I do it the day after I PT. It seems like the break gives me enough space to look at the questions from a different vantage. That being said, I don't know if that measures exactly what we want it to.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

I attempt the blind review the same day. I usually start with logic games or a section where I felt I might have bombed. LOL

Once you take a couple of preptests, same day blind review isn't so overwhelming.

• MattBesmanMattBesman Alum Member
    12 karma

I typically do BR the day after a PT. I have no idea if that's the best method, but it has worked well for me.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    edited August 2019 500 karma

After taking a PT I usually take a 30 min break and then come back to BR 1 LR section and the the LG and the remaining two sections are for the next day. In my opinion, unless you are scoring in the 170s, you should be spending more than a day on BRing.

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    148 karma

Sometimes I do, other times I just do it over 2 days on a weekend then take the week to study what I was weaker on.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

Yes, because otherwise I find that I cannot sleep!

I take the test around 1ish (12:30pm test prep time but the test never actually starts then), I'll take an hour or so break after, then do LG (easy and quick, warms me up again), then do the two LR sections (maybe 90 minutes for the two combined?), and then my girlfriend reads the RC section to me while I do the dishes and clean up from dinner, and I answer the questions. I actually found that that was by far the best way to improve my RC section--might be worth exploring if you have someone willing to invest the time with you!

• jkjohnson1991jkjohnson1991 Alum Member
    edited August 2019 766 karma

Tried it one time and it was a fail so I told myself never again although that was much earlier in my prep. Now, I take the PT on Saturday and I'll BR games a few hours after I finish the PT. Wake up fresh on Sunday and then I do LR and RC.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@Regis_Phalange63 It honestly depends if your doing a full blind review (going over the questions that you've missed and not missed) or a regular blind review (just questions you missed). It also depends on how many you've missed or were not 100% sure on. I usually do a BR right afterwards because its the freshest in my head. If I take a day off or some hours off I might not remember the specific method of thinking and reasoning that I used to answer the questions. I hope this helps somewhat.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

I used to to PT and BR in the same day and got horribly burnt out which was really hard to bounce back from. I have a full time job so sometimes my PT-BR-Corrections is spaced out over 3+ days. I find that it’s also better to look at the test with fresh eyes.

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2019 1866 karma

I always used to BR LG the same day as my test, and get started on RC (1-2 passages depending on how tired I am) before finishing up the next day. I rarely finished BR the same day I took a PT--and only later in my prep when I had very few questions I need to BR. But even then, I sometimes took two days so I could get away from the test a bit.

• If you're clean-copy BR-ing (where you do every single question again, i.e. a blank test), then I strongly recommend two days, maybe even three if you need it. I recommend clean-copy BR-ing consistently earlier in prep, and intermittently (once everey 3-4 tests) thereafter.
    • If you're just BR-ing the questions you circled, probably two days.
  • LawyerInTheMaking.LawyerInTheMaking. Free Trial Member
    12 karma

I guess I use a different approach because taking a PT and blind reviewing the whole thing at any point after finishing the PT kinda bums me out and removes me from where i was when i was answering the questions. My advice, and it's helped me a bit, is to do your 5 section PT's every once in a while fully timed and BR if you feel comfortable doing so. BUT, more often than not time your sections as if you were taking a true LSAT and BR immediately after you finish each section. This has actually left me with 3-4 minutes on RC and sometimes 1 minute after LR to go back and review. Plus, being able to look at some questions that i wasn't 100% sure on and then go with the answer choice of my liking has seriously helped! It puts me in a position where I truly see the mistakes i make in a timed setting and how i can avoid them during the lengthy 5 section PT. Works different for everyone so i definitely recommend giving it a shot!

• Gee-dawgGee-dawg Member
    319 karma

I just recently started taking practice tests and honestly it takes me at least 3 days to BR. So I normally take a practice test on Saturday and start BR on Sunday. It's been working so far although I am hoping I will get better/faster at BR as I take more PTs.

• BadReasoning2022BadReasoning2022 Alum Member
    110 karma

Just took the 4-section June 2007 diagnostic on an afternoon and spent the following week (on and off) to BR and still got more than a handful wrong (mostly RC)

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

I did exactly what you described. A full PT then 1 to 2 hours. Do the rest the next day and even the day after if needed. Doing all on the same day sounds like madness and a huge headache.