Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help in prep course

laurallohrlaurallohr Free Trial Member
in General 7 karma

Hi! I'm studying for the LSAT (obviously). I've been studying since early June. I don't feel like I am making any progress. I'm super slow, but accurate in LG, RC, and LR. I've completed the LG Bible, the Kaplan LG book and practiced religiously for 2 months. I'm still hovering in the 155 range. I've only improved by 4 points since my first diagnostic.

I know I'm bright. I have two advanced degrees and didn't get there without skills. I'm positive that I can do this. I am just freaking out because this test makes me feel incompetent, which just fuels more bad performance on the PT.

I feel like I'm on the verge of a breakthrough. I'm still just way too slow on LG on the PT.

Would the prep course get me where I need to go. I thought 5 months would be more than enough time but with all the studying I've done, I feel like I'd need a lifetime to get the kind of score I'm shooting for.

Please, help. I don't even know what to do.

Comments

• sillyquillysillyquilly Member
    121 karma

@laurallohr First, dont let this test make you feel incompetent! That is the lie it wants you to believe to discourage you from kicking its butt. In the grand scheme of things you haven't been studying for too long. Some people study a minimum of a year for this test! Now onto your question. If all you have completed is the LG Bible and Kaplan's LG book, then yes 7Sage will be a HUGE step in the right direction. What you will find through the prep course is the skills you need to successfully tackle questions. At first you will most likely see no benefit when it comes to speed. Speed will come as you begin to form strong habits. (Strong habits are skills that you begin to intuit without much effort. If you don't have a game plan at how to approach certain question types and know what to look for, then you are loosing valuable time on the test. Speed will also come with familiarity. Im not sure how many practice exams or drills you have done, but the more you do the easier it will become. 5 months in my opinion, is enough time. You have to study smart though and 7Sage will give you the tools and the skills needed to do so. I am no LSAT guru, but I can testify with how 7Sage has helped me. I started with a 148 and a blind review score of 158. I just took a PT yesterday and my score was 158 with a blind review score of 163! I am still in the LR portion of the course and I can't wait to see what happens over the next few months. Hope this helps you make an informed decision! Good luck with your studies!

• laurallohrlaurallohr Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Thank you! I'm going to keep studying. There's so many prep courses, books, schedules, and information. I'm drowning in guides.

I've done less than 10 PTs at this point. I think maybe 5 PTs.