Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No test center for October LSAT in NYC??

PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
edited August 2019 in General 446 karma

Was gonna register for October LSAT but found out that no test centers available in NYC now and have to submit a waitlist...Is LSAC gonna add more test centers? Is anyone having the same issue as me? Should I submit waitlist now or should I come back on a later date?

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Holy shit! You're right. I can't believe this. Insane. I'm not sure what we're supposed to do. Why is the list of centers so much shorter??

edited August 2019 1810 karma

Thank you so much for posting this. I had no idea. Just registered for Newark and there are only a few spots left there. SHEESH! Let's write to them to ask if they plan to add more centers.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    edited August 2019 446 karma

Apparently there is a nationwide shortage of October test centers now. The conspiracy theory on redddit is that LSAC is trying to prevent folks from using their free retake coupons as much as possible since there are way more July test takers than they originally estimated.

1810 karma

It's unfair. There are officially ZERO spots left in the NYC area for October. I got one of the last few for Newark, but that's over an hour away. And there's no way I could wait until seeing my score, so there's no way I could take it for free. Sucks.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe taking a couple days and staying somewhere? Here's hoping more centers open up that are nearby.

• chicago234chicago234 Alum Member
    163 karma

LA also has no test centers. Is there any legitimate reason why they wouldn't already have testing centers in the two biggest cities in the US?

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Just to go off of this because I'm super stressed now -- from here on out there's ONE test center for all of Washington State. The other closest one is in CANADA?! Furthermore, October and November are totally booked already. What's the point of going digital if it just limits accessibility? There are also no test centers in all of Oregon for October like wtf LSAC?

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    edited August 2019 446 karma

I’m not sure but I’m currently on October waitlist now.

• Best.Yet.2.ComeBest.Yet.2.Come Core Member
    239 karma

LSAC has moved my test center for both the September and November exams to a location 2.5 hours from my home. In order to get a location that is remotely reasonable I moved my test date from September to October. I just met someone who is still ablet to test in September in the same city. LSAC has moved it from the law school to a hotel and labeled it with a different test center number. I am not sure what is going on, but it is very frustrating. Even more so because there is nothing we can do about it.

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Just to crowd source some advice -- do you think it's better to get on the waitlist for October or register for a somewhat near (yet still very inconvenient) test location for November? It seems like the test centers for October and November are both very limited, at least where I am?

• endless_summer17endless_summer17 Alum Member
    76 karma

@BlindReviewer It depends on when you want to apply. If you are doing ED and they have a November deadline then October would be the last time to test. If you aren't applying ED then I would wait and take in November. You can also call up and see if they will be adding test locations near you for either test date. Good luck!