Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to fight test day fatigue...

get that 173get that 173 Alum Member
edited August 2019 in General 122 karma

I'm curious how do you guys deal with the fatigue in the later sections. I just finished PT 48 and I had -0 for the 1st LR section (section 1) and -8 for the 2nd LR section (section 4). I feel extremely tried after/ or even during section 3 and don't have the mental sharpness to focus on the logical structures for the 2nd LR section.

How do you guys deal with test day fatigue? What do you guys usually eat during the 15 minute break, anyone having experience taking caffeine pills? Or should I do more PTs and learn to tough it out?

Comments

• parkeunyparkeuny Alum Member
    edited August 2019 162 karma

I had the same issue. This is probably not the quick-fix answer you were hoping for, but I think it's best to build your stamina organically: by continuing to take PTs and other methods of building your focus over longer periods of time. At least for me, I didn't want to rely on anything external to ensure I was in my best condition on test day. If it helps, it does get better over time! I also practiced taking tests/sections in a bunch of different environments so I could work on tuning out my surroundings. That really helped because on test day I felt very unconcerned with everything other than the test itself (e.g., going somewhere for the first time, not knowing what test format I would get because I took the July test, etc.).

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

You do what you can in practice to build up, but seriously... Jelly Belly makes caffeinated, electrolyte jelly beans ("sports beans"). It was a big pick me up that I think helped me. I wasn't nearly as tired at the end as I usually am.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

Flagging this because the rule changed recently (at least, I think it changed recently? This is def the rule and I did it for the July 2019 LSAT), but you’re allowed to bring coffee/soda into the test center now. Just in case you prefer that form of caffeine. Just has to be in a plastic container.

I also make sure to move during the break. If I can run up and down stairs, I do that. I usually eat a cliff bar nut butter energy bar during the break— I find it keeps me energized. I’ve also found that on actual test day the adrenaline keeps me much more awake than usual!