Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I cancel my score?

Got a 169 on July. Debating whether to cancel. Have a GPA in the mid 3.7s and am really hoping to get into a T6, which I don't see possible with a 169. I was hoping for 173+.

However, the 169 is something I can apply with, god forbid September doesn't work out. If I score 173+ in September would schools look down on the 169, or is it high enough that it wouldn't hurt me?

Cancellation
  1. Should I cancel?30 votes
    1. Keep it
      96.67%
    2. Cancel
        3.33%

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

They won't be bothered by the 169 if you have a higher score. Right now, you've got about a coin toss chance (according to lsn) at the lower T14. A 173 would give you a solid shot at NYU and Columbia, and a slight chance at HYS and Chicago

• parkeunyparkeuny Alum Member
    162 karma

Could I ask for a 167? Is the answer basically the same in terms of keeping or cancelling my score? I’m planning to wait a cycle and retake whenever I’m ready. I had been scoring 172+ about half the time leading up to the July test so I think it’s doable. I just don’t know if I should keep or cancel. Thanks in advance!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you want to plug in different numbers, you can at mylsn.info. It's so helpful!