Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the November LSAT too late for the Fall 2020 cycle?

galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
in General 224 karma

Hi guys,

I wanted to get your thoughts on whether taking the November 2019 LSAT (and subsequently applying in December 2019) will significantly hurt my chances of getting accepted into a T14 school for the Fall 2020 cycle.

For context, I took the LSAT for the first time in July 2019 but will be canceling my score as I know I'm far more capable based on my PTs, and my comprehension of the LSAT has increased greatly since July. My GPA is a 3.85, I have a solid college background (good internships every summer, part-time job, extracurriculars, conducted research, Honors student), and I have post-graduate work experience in the legal field as well. I waived my right to see my 2 academic LoRs, but I'm confident they will be strong given how closely I worked with both professors. I have read one of my professional LoRs and I believe it'll be a strong supplement to my application, and I believe my personal/diversity statements will be as well.

When I read about the shortage of October 2019 testing centers a few weeks ago, I tried to sign up immediately but was placed on a waitlist for a testing center outside of my state. I didn't want to take the risk of not getting off the waitlist, so I moved my test to November. I've read that submitting apps with a high LSAT later in the cycle is better than applying early with lower scores, but I'm afraid it might be too late.

Are any of you in the same position now, or have you been in the past? Any advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• H96 J.DH96 J.D Alum Member
    142 karma

To get into 2020 circle, taking the nov LSAT is not late at all. Your last lsat for the 2020 cycle would July 2020

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

The November test still puts you on time for this cycle!

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

You will be fine, its better to go in with a higher score than with a low score, if anything.