Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank You 7Sage (Tears to 154)

Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
in General 652 karma

7Sage Community,

I came to you all optimistic, wide eyed, and confident that I would ace the LSAT.

That being said, I’m sure as most of you found out quickly, the journey comes with bumps and bruises that showed me how difficult this test really is.

I have worked 40-50 hours every week, got engaged, and got married ALL while studying for the test. I could not have gotten there without the help and support of you all.

I finished my LSAT career on top, 154. To put this in perspective, on my first prep test attempt I didn’t even make it out of the first logic game. I didn’t get more than 5 questions right for LR, and RC left me bewildered at how someone could read so much info so quickly. To go from that place to a 154...I will take it all day everyday.

I’m sure that many will read this and say go for a higher score again, but I am at peace. I studied for a year and a half for this test on my own and with a 7Sage approved tutor (Dave Binghamton, shout out to my dude). There is nothing left to give and that’s okay, some make 170’s...but I made a 154. Damn proud of that sucker too!

I recently finished up writing my Personal Statement and Diversity Statement with the help of the 7Sage Admissions team (Shout out to Selene Steelman). HIGHLY recommend that, if you have the funds, go buy the unlimited edits package. Great deal and even better help!

I start my applications the day they come open, so for many that will be September 1. Not only do I feel confident in my abilities to get into a great law school, but I know I will have a fighting chance thanks to you 7Sage.

Stay humble y’all.

Sincerely & Appreciatively Yours,

Jonah Chadwick Griego

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited August 2019 1810 karma

Congrats! This is the one post that truly made me feel better. Thank you, @"Jonah Chadwick Griego" for ensuring that I did not cry yesterday. I had been looking at my score as a complete failure, but it's all about perspective. We can't all get a genius-level score on this carefully crafted beast of an exam. And it doesn't make us stupid if we never achieve that. We have to be proud of ourselves when we have improvement, no matter how that compares to our peers. I love your post, and I'm truly grateful that you had the courage to share it for those of us who were beating ourselves up.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Congrats Jonah! Now time to crush those apps!

• JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member
    142 karma

Jonah this is an inspiring outlook, no matter which bracket of LSAT ranges we all fall in! I wish you the best of luck in your future career!

• CircleTurkCircleTurk Alum Member
    148 karma

Congrats on reaching your goals!!! You worked so hard and it payed off!!

• edited August 2019 473 karma

Congratulations Jonah!! I'm happy for you!! Good luck with your applications!!

• PomegranatePomegranate Alum Member
    577 karma

Congrats and best of luck with your applications!

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations! Wishing you the best of luck in your applications!!

• Folso102Folso102 Yearly Member
    61 karma

congrats!!!

• VegaHedgingVegaHedging Alum Member
    111 karma

I got quite emotional reading this.Hard work will payoff! Congrats to you Jonah! Good luck with your application!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Congrats! I heard a statistic recently that said something like only 3% of the population scores 170+. That really helped give some perspective that that score range isn't for everyone. Your perspective is refreshing and feels so real to me. I also work a lot and have a young daughter so it has made studying for this test really challenging. You made huge progress! You should be very proud of yourself and what you have accomplished :).

• sarah123sarah123 Alum Member
    16 karma

Congratulations! It's nice to know someone out there is in the same boat. I often get discouraged by the forums (not here, but elsewhere) that would have students believe that anything less than a 170 is pointless and you'll never get into law school. That's simply not the case. Good luck in the future!

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Congratulations! On your marriage and your score. You killed it, and you'll kill the admissions cycle!

• InternationallawInternationallaw Alum Member
    25 karma

Congratulations! Best of luck with you application

• 109 karma

This is inspirational as a mature applicant myself! Congrats my man! Go kills those apps and keeps us posted where you wind up going!

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

Ugh. This was so good to read. It's so comforting to hear that there are other people out there where their target score isn't 170+.

Congratulations. I am so happy you are done with this shitz! Please let us know how your application process goes!

• JSimone14JSimone14 Alum Member
    11 karma

Congrats!!!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Congrats Jonah!

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

This is so good and so important. This site can be extremely defeating when many people talk about the 170+ score range. Your message of doing the best you can is much needed for all to hear. Thank you.

• J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma

Great job! Congrats

• DanielMacTavishDanielMacTavish Alum Member
    161 karma

Thank you for sharing this! It's nice knowing that I wasn't the only one who, on their diagnostic, had not a damn clue as to how to properly arrange and diagram a LG, or who was perplexed as to who Nisa the !Kung woman was after reading the passage 3+ times :)

Best of luck to you on your law school journey and all your other personal and professional endeavors!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Great work on your improvement and being on the early side of the application season. This is wise.

• 362 karma

True motivation! Thank you & congratulations on your score! Blessings on your journey and your marriage!

• Jonah Chadwick GriegoJonah Chadwick Griego Alum Member
    652 karma

For those that wanted an update as to where I ended up after my application cycle, I have posted that as a new discussion post!

https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/22633/154-lsat-going-to-t30-law-school-thanks-7sage-community#latest

Feel free to take a look! Thanks for your encouragement, couldn’t have gotten here without y’all!