Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of stylus is used in digital LSAT? Also, what exactly is a stylus?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

Anyone know what kind of stylus is used in digital LSAT?

Will it be the Surface Pen (which I think costs like $99)?

Also, is a stylus just a fake plastic pen that simulates writing? Like everything you can do with a stylus you can do with your finger?

So instead of pushing something on the tablet screen with your finger, you just push it with a plastic pen like thing?

To practice the digital LSAT on the tablet, would it be ok to just buy a really cheap stylus to practice with, or even use a real pen with no ink to underline/high on the tablet?

thanks!

Comments

• tpmeade24tpmeade24 Core Member
    49 karma

I would also Really like to know the answer to this question.
    I'm about to buy a MS Surface Go for practice (not that I can afford it, but hey) and want to get as close to test day conditions as possible.
    Thanks for asking! Hope to see a response soon.

• edited June 2019 413 karma

I bought the tablet and the stylus a week ago. I imagine they will use the Surface stylus. And you are right instead of touching the screen with your fingers you use the stylus. But I think the use of the stylus will be limited (ie we wont be able to write texts on the tablet, we will have scratch papers for that)

• CRLSUUUUCRLSUUUU Member
    162 karma

Hey guys, I called LSAC on three different occasions to ask about the stylus and was told all three times that it's not actually the stylus that comes with the Surface Go. It's a separate stylus where one end is a pen and one end is rounded and can be used to highlight/scroll etc. on the tablet. So yay for not having to switch between utensils!

• LexafrexLexafrex Alum Member
    8 karma

is the rubber ball at the end of the stylus on the bigger side or smaller side? I'm looking at amazon and have seen them with different sizes, trying to find one that will be the most representative of the one for the digital LSAT. It is a stylus with a pen at the other end correct? Thanks!!

also, is the scratch paper they give you 8.5 x 11 standard??

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

@Lexafrex said:
    is the rubber ball at the end of the stylus on the bigger side or smaller side? I'm looking at amazon and have seen them with different sizes, trying to find one that will be the most representative of the one for the digital LSAT. It is a stylus with a pen at the other end correct? Thanks!!

also, is the scratch paper they give you 8.5 x 11 standard??

Kinda on the smaller side. Made it easy for selecting the answers. Looks just like this: https://i.redd.it/o47mcr508ka31.png

The scratch paper booklet is 8.5x11 sized, yes.