Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

External noises during a PT?

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
in General 3462 karma
I never realized how annoying it was to hear someone cut my grass while I took a PT. I was in the first section of my PT and on question number 14 when I was disturbed by the lawn mower noise. It was a challenge but I managed not to pause my PT :) hopefully that won't affect my score.

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Oh boy—the landscapers were goin' nuts last weekend when I was PT'ing ... I suppose it is good prep for crazy shenanigans on test day??
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    269 karma
    I took the actual test at Yonsei University in Korea a couple of years ago and it was absolutely quieter than any of my PTs. It was almost an extra challenge not having my daughter watching Lion King for the 200th time in the background. However, the internet is full of test-day horror stories about buildings being renovated during the test, etc. Try meditating. It works pretty well for me. Hakuna matata and whatnot...
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins yes, it was horrible but I managed to get by.
    3462 karma
    @bstew2002 yes, I'm actually worried about building being renovated during the June LSAT since my testing center is downtown and they are ALWAYS renovating something there.
  • ShownuffShownuff Alum Member
    222 karma
    Does LSAC consider it legit to wear ear plugs on test day?
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"C-A-T spelt dog" Unfortunately no—no earplugs allowed (they explicitly forbid them)
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    edited April 2015 463 karma
    I personally think the no earplugs rule is a little silly. But what can you do? @emli1000 Since you and I live in the same metro area, you'll get this. That's why I'm thinking of taking mine in Rock Hill or Belmont. I took a mini-vacation to Raleigh for my first LSAT and also to visit UNC-Law, NC State was super quiet test day. :-).
    3462 karma
    @shine.on.me Ahhhh I know the feeling!