Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those scoring 165+, how many hours do you Study?

sheila22sheila22 Alum Member
in General 64 karma

Just as a general question, for those who don't have a full-time job and are scoring 165+, how many hours do you study per day? I have less than a month left for my exam and would like to know how many hours I should be devoting to the LSAT in this last month.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• pb3ncva15pb3ncva15 Alum Member
    48 karma

I do have a full-time job, but I'm currently hopscotching between high 160s and low 170s, so hopefully I can provide some insight! To answer your initial question, 1 hour each weekday and 6-7 hours over the course of a weekend.

I took the LSAT three times last cycle, and got stuck in the low 160s each time. Based on the multiple lead-ups to those exams and this one...honestly, a positive mindset and a high quality of study time is much more valuable than hitting a certain number of hours. It took me a while to buy in, but here are my tactics/realizations:

• The more in-depth the Blind Review, the better
    • 1 hour spent picking apart 3 questions is way more useful than 1 hour skimming 30 questions
    • Make time for yourself and your personal life. I can't stress this last one enough. Appropriately used free time provides much-needed perspective. Tunnel vision is just as bad as not studying at all.
  • MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

When I was studying for my first and second take (169 and 172) I probably spent about two or three hours a day. For my third take, I hardly studied at all and just brushed up on things (this was almost eight months after my previous take, got a 173) in the weeks leading up to the test

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Just got a 165 and had been PT'ing a touch higher. I never ever studied more than 6 hours a day. I also agree with the above advice that quality is better than quantity. That mental engagement is more important than just putting in time.