Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approach to New Vocab in Reading Comp

Wondering what tools/tactics everyone is using to learn any new vocabulary encountered through reading comp?

Flashcard apps?
Or just good old writing them down in a notebook/word doc and memorize?

Also someone who scored 180 recommended going through the Barron's GRE vocab book. I feel like I don't have enough time to do that AND go through the entire Ultimate curriculum though. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Ms NikkiMs Nikki Alum Member
    128 karma

As you review, write any words you don't know down in your notes with a definition and in content (during blind review on a PT, or just during review). While you are doing a PT, just circle the word (or highlight because digital) and try to figure it out in content. If you are studying using the economist or in your reading in general, do the same thing. Most of the time context should reveal the meaning, but this will help improve vocab without detracting from studies.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I have a huge list that my 7sage friends and I are working on

If you want access to it & the ability to add to it, just message me! I find writing it down & reading through it & using one word a day help. I love learning new words!