Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blind Review: Does it work?

MrsRobinson1MrsRobinson1 Alum Member
in General 106 karma

Hello,
First time poster. I am starting to PT, I am not sure if BR is helping me. Does anyone have any tangible evidence in their experience with PT and BR impacting or improving their scores?
Thank you,
S.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

How long have you been BRing? It will take several PTs to make improvements. What is your BR process?

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    186 karma

Yes! It has absolutely been working for me. I've approved my PT score 12 points so far, and hope to get another 5-6 (I'd like to lessen the gap between my BR score and my timed PT score; they're still fairly far apart).

For me, the key was reviewing EVERY question (even those I hadn't flagged). Make sure you understand EXACTLY why answer choices should be eliminated and EXACTLY why the answer you chose is correct. Really take your time. Especially at first. I think that's key. Confirmation bias is a thing! Don't simply skim the stimulus and answer choices again. Treat the question as though it's completely new. Assess each and every word. Then, if you are truly stumped on a question, don't waste time in a mind wasteland... just mark it and be sure to watch the video explanation. If it still doesn't quite make sense to you (be honest with yourself), do as JY suggests and write the stimulus and answer choices down on an index card and review it from time to time.

It's like the Tao, each time you read it your depth of understanding will grow. Eventually, you'll be like... "ohhh duhhhh." It takes awhile to get there. Be patient with yourself. It'll pay off!