digital test -- are we allowed paper to write on?

n violettan violetta Alum Member

just wondering if for the digital exams we'll be allowed scratch paper/ anything to write on/with? i can't imagine going through logic games and not being able to write/draw out the solutions. someone please tell me this will be afforded to us lol

Comments

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

yes. a whole booklet of ample scratch paper. The only strange thing about it is that is has writing going diagonally across,like a watermark or something. I found that slightly distracting, but at least there's enough paper.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm do we get scratch paper for LR too? (for the poor unfortunate souls who still diagram LR, like myself)

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Yes. Same booklet for the entire exam.

• ALEXAN.SALEXAN.S Alum Member
    108 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm what was the approximate size of the booklet? Letter size (8.5" x 11") or larger/smaller? Thanks!

• WishingOnAStarWishingOnAStar Alum Member
    83 karma

Yes. I would also like to know this as well. Was the booklet of paper 8.5 by 11?

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    418 karma

It's a booklet with 8 pages, no lines, watermarked, 8.5" x 11"

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

Is doing LG on scratch paper different from doing LG directly on its page? Any tips or advice?

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma
    1. It's an 8.5 x 11 booklet. Think of the paper version of the test, only the whole booklet is blank scratch paper instead.

2. I actually liked having scratch paper. You have unlimited room to make as many boards or work out the problems as you want to. If you haven't started practicing this way, start now. No more writing on the test going forward. Also note, your stylus is a pen. So, consider practicing with a pen. Since there is unlimited room for scratch, though, there's really no need to be erasing anyway. The pen is a standard ball point style pen, so you could write lighter if you wanted to play around with a setup.

• cabsmithcabsmith Member
    39 karma

Can we bring our own pens to use on the paper or are we limited to the stylus?

• LSATLSAT-3LSATLSAT-3 Core Member
    edited November 2019 418 karma

No need to worry about changing to pens. Note the following from the LSAC FAQ page:

"Will test takers be able to use physical scratch paper for making notes? What about pencils?

Yes! LSAC will provide scratch paper and a pen for test takers to use during the test. Digital LSAT test takers will also be permitted to use their own pencil and eraser for making notes. We will provide a stylus that can be used to underline and highlight text on the tablet."

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/about-digital-lsat