Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice needed

Alex HuelinAlex Huelin Member
in General 6 karma

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get a few opinions on my current situation -- needless to say I'm a little worried.

As context:

I have just started studying. I studied throughout April and May, but took a break much longer than anticipated due to a heavy work schedule. I'm starting again now. Beforehand the studying was going ok, but I was not hitting even close to the scores I'd like. I originally wanted to write the upcoming October LSAT - I'm worried about timing. I have just graduated and will be treating the next month and a half of studying like a day job more or less.

My question:

In your experience, do you think this is realistic? I know I have the November option as well. I was hoping to get my application in ASAP after I received my score because it would be safe to assume there would be more seats open. That being said, like all of you I want to perform to the best of my ability. Do you think writing the November test (if I don't feel ready in October) would put me at a far greater disadvantage to get in?

• I'm unsure of/ if there are many differences between Canada and the United States in terms of the rolling admissions process. I'm applying here in Canada.

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Alex

Comments

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

The difference of one month in terms of applications would be easily overcome by even a couple of points gained on the LSAT, and here in the US applying in December is still considered "on time". So if things are similar in Canada, I would say writing in November vs. October would not put you at a far greater disadvantage, if you think you can bring that score up.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

I would prioritize getting the score you want/need rather than applying earlier. you gain a lot more with a higher score than you would applying on day1.