Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't put it all together

shekman.27shekman.27 Member
in General 16 karma

With every PT I take, there seems to be one section that I struggle on, so I drill that section, take another PT, and do well on that section but now another one drops off that I used to do well on. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel like I am playing whack-a-mole

Comments

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@"shekman.27" Ive experienced this for sure, I don't know why it happens or how to fix it though. Like exactly the same thing happened to me a couple times.

• nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member
    149 karma

I was thinking the EXACT same thing today. In the last few PT's I've been really good at LG's but my RC and LR were really suffering so I drilled the heck out of those. Today I took a PT and really improved my RC and LR scores but my LG score was unusually bad. So I actually didn't improve at all. The "whack-a-mole" analogy is really accurate lol.

• stevenson.heathermstevenson.heatherm Alum Member
    3 karma

I've experienced this phenomenon as well. To make things more fun, my last PT I got a really high score in one LR section, and a really low score in the other LR section. It doesn't make sense to me that they could be so off!

• sarah123sarah123 Alum Member
    16 karma

I totally feel your pain. I have been all over the place since I started studying for the LSAT. It seems like everything is just a shot in the dark a lot of the time.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

Have you looked at the difficulty levels by section? With LG, I know if I've done really well, the section is probably three stars or less, and with RC four stars or less. That knowledge helps me see the patterns: if I go -3 on one PT in LG and -6 in RC, and the next time that's inverted, it makes much more sense if the overall difficulty is inverted, too.

Practically, the solution is still to work on hard passages/games, but it does help me mentally to understand that it's not just random and I really am improving!