Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement

Hi there,
I have written my personal statement. The topic isn't about why I want to go to law school, but rather a life experience. I have gone on a few law school websites seeing they have wrote to write the personal statement about why you want to go to law school. I am wondering if I have to write another personal statement that addresses this topic for these schools, or if I can keep my personal statement as it is.

Comments

• galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
    edited September 2019 224 karma

Hi! Are you sure you weren't reading the prompts for supplemental essays that law schools might have, and not the prompt for a personal statement? To my knowledge, schools don't typically specify a specific topic/prompt for personal statements. Instead, they may have additional essays as part of their application that ask you to specify why you're interested in that law school, and even those tend to be optional. I can't say for certain whether this is the case for every single law school, but I would double check. In any case, I would do what the law school's website/application specifies once you're certain :)

• radpatel97radpatel97 Alum Member
    71 karma

I looked at Wakeforest and Boston college of law. I believe both of them want you to write on why you want to go to law school. Has anyone else applied there or currently is that would know more about them? @ReginaPhalange Thank you, I may have to change my personal statement when I double check.