Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to close the gap between your timed score and BR score?

Kimberly-4Kimberly-4 Alum Member
in General 30 karma

Hi everyone!

I have been struggling on how to close this almost 15 point gap between my timed score and blind review score. I am not sure if I need to take more practice tests, or review the curriculum a little more in order to master these questions. Any thoughts/advice?

Comments

• chloe222chloe222 Alum Member
    76 karma

Anyone who unlocks the solution to this conundrum will be a very rich human (or very popular with 7Sagers) LOL. I think practice practice practice would be the solution, although I know that is what you do not want to hear. You can take solace in the fact that you are probably testing quite high on your BR, which means that you fundamentally understand the concepts, but time is your limiting factor. I'm in the same boat, I BR at like 175 but am usually 10-12 points below that under timed conditions. I feel your pain!!

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

Hi Kimberly, I'm just curious as to what your test scores are versus your BR scores?

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

@chloe222 said:
    Anyone who unlocks the solution to this conundrum will be a very rich human (or very popular with 7Sagers) LOL. I think practice practice practice would be the solution, although I know that is what you do not want to hear. You can take solace in the fact that you are probably testing quite high on your BR, which means that you fundamentally understand the concepts, but time is your limiting factor. I'm in the same boat, I BR at like 175 but am usually 10-12 points below that under timed conditions. I feel your pain!!

practice practice practice!!! I hate it, but it's the troooooth.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Seconding what everyone else here is saying: practice. Practice and really think about it from various angles until you have that lightbulb "A ha!" moment of insight when things start clicking. It's different for everyone, and I swore it was never going to happen for me. But it did, after some really in depth study of harder questions and rethinking how I was approaching sections like LR and RC (it's pretty much like what JY teaches, but in a form that made more sense to me, like low resolution in my own words).
    It sucks, but that comes with practice. Going over things dozens of times and watching the explanations videos over and over. You are literally retraining your brain for the LSAT. And only time and repetition can do this.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2012/08/22/intense-prep-for-law-school-admissions-test-alters-brain-structure/

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@AudaciousRed said:
    Seconding what everyone else here is saying: practice. Practice and really think about it from various angles until you have that lightbulb "A ha!" moment of insight when things start clicking. It's different for everyone, and I swore it was never going to happen for me. But it did, after some really in depth study of harder questions and rethinking how I was approaching sections like LR and RC (it's pretty much like what JY teaches, but in a form that made more sense to me, like low resolution in my own words).
    It sucks, but that comes with practice. Going over things dozens of times and watching the explanations videos over and over. You are literally retraining your brain for the LSAT. And only time and repetition can do this.

https://news.berkeley.edu/2012/08/22/intense-prep-for-law-school-admissions-test-alters-brain-structure/

It's funny you brought up that article. I sent the same article to a friend yesterday haha

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

@AudaciousRed said:

It's funny you brought up that article. I sent the same article to a friend yesterday haha