Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Tester for Problem Sets is Live

13»

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@"Alan Cheuk", Thanks for the reply and the information about the Problem Set features. I'm hoping maybe more post-CC progress-tracking resources can be added if possible to support Fool-Proofing and other review exercises. There's so many PTs, sections, and drills to keep track of, even if you're just working with a segment of them, and it would be helpful to have ways to record how many games we've done, how we did, how many times a game has been attempted, and our timing. TL; DR: I just really like the completion circles, but I understand if it's not possible for the Course site. The simplicity is so nice.

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@"Alan Cheuk", I have a old Ipad (generation 2) and I can do not the "Create Problem Sets/QBank). I want to ask you: Do I need to buy Ipad in order to take PTs or Problem Sets/Qbank? Or buying Amazon Fire tablet 10" works too? or the Sumsung tablet works too? Thank you so much!

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Is there a way we can sort problem sets by date completed?

Yup! On the problem sets page (https://7sage.com/problem-sets/) tap on the "Current Progress" column header to sort by progress. Tap again to reverse the order. You can also do this with the other columns too.

Almost every table on 7Sage can be sorted by any header in this way.

3074 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @"Alan Cheuk", Thanks for the reply and the information about the Problem Set features. I'm hoping maybe more post-CC progress-tracking resources can be added if possible to support Fool-Proofing and other review exercises. There's so many PTs, sections, and drills to keep track of, even if you're just working with a segment of them, and it would be helpful to have ways to record how many games we've done, how we did, how many times a game has been attempted, and our timing. TL; DR: I just really like the completion circles, but I understand if it's not possible for the Course site. The simplicity is so nice.

Sorry, we don't have that in place right now, and probably won't any time soon!

For keeping track of how often a game has been attempted, you should be able to see that information now. On the Question Bank panel of the Problem Sets page and any results table, you should see a little recycle icon next to each game/passage/question that has been taken before, with information about how many times it has been taken.

edited September 2019 3074 karma

@Alice003 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk", I have a old Ipad (generation 2) and I can do not the "Create Problem Sets/QBank). I want to ask you: Do I need to buy Ipad in order to take PTs or Problem Sets/Qbank? Or buying Amazon Fire tablet 10" works too? or the Sumsung tablet works too? Thank you so much!

Our digital tester requires a browser that supports something called "ES6" which is included in iOS 10 (released Sep 2016) and above. If you buy a new iPad it should definitely have at least iOS 10. The tester should work well with modern Apple devices. It should also work well with MS Surface Go and Pro.

It is also supported by pretty much every modern desktop browser. So if you can't get a tablet, you should still be able to practice using a laptop/desktop.

We've tested a few Android devices and they seem to work with our digital tester. There are many different devices, OS versions, and browser apps on Android though, so it's hard to predict how compatible a particular combination will be. We have tested with a Fire HD 8 and it works on our side, but I do not recommend purchasing a Fire tablet for use with our site. Although it works on ours, we've received a report from a student who said it's not working on their Fire device. And even though it works on our Fire HD 8, it is sluggish.

I hope this helps!

5249 karma

@"Alan Cheuk", Thanks for the reply to my comment. I'm starting to work with more of the digital platforms and will likely use simple paper trackers for the various post-CC and drilling exercises. Please keep having the PDFs available. It's great to have both the PDFs and digital platforms for the many different exercises.

5249 karma

Also, what if you just want to take one section on the digital platform rather than an entire test? Is there a feature for this? Thanks.

• jennw065jennw065 Member
    72 karma

Thank you, this is why I love 7Sage!

691 karma

@"Alan Cheuk", thank you so much for answering my questions! It is really helpful! I just saw the messages that you responded to me. Looks like I should buy new Ipad. Which size would you recommend me to buy? I do not know which size of tablet we will use in the real LSAT test. I try to buy the same size as LSAC provides for us in the LSAT test. Thank you again!

3074 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Also, what if you just want to take one section on the digital platform rather than an entire test? Is there a feature for this? Thanks.

To do a single section, you make a custom problem set with just the one section.

1. Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Tap "Show Existing Problem Sets" at the top of the page
    3. Set the PT range and section type you are looking for.
    4. Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like "pt01 s2" into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the top left of the table to select all of them)
    5. Tap "Create Problem Set with..."
    6. Take the problem set.

Note that the default timing for LR problem sets is based on the number of questions, so if you are doing an LR section, it will probably be a little bit off from 35m. If you want to do exactly 35m, you can tap on the clock icon, change to "Unlimited time" and stop the section manually at 35m

3074 karma

@jennw065 said:
    Thank you, this is why I love 7Sage!

Aww, thanks!

3074 karma

@Alice003 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk", thank you so much for answering my questions! It is really helpful! I just saw the messages that you responded to me. Looks like I should buy new Ipad. Which size would you recommend me to buy? I do not know which size of tablet we will use in the real LSAT test. I try to buy the same size as LSAC provides for us in the LSAT test. Thank you again!

The tablet that they have been using on the real LSAT test is the 10" Microsoft Surface Go tablet, so that device would provide the most authentic experience. Although you can get a special stylus for that device, in the past they used a cheap dollar-store-style stylus which is basically as good/bad as your finger.

For iPads, their aspect ratio is different from Surface Go. So the closest match in terms of size is the 10.5" iPad (pretty close), followed by the 11" iPad (bigger) and 9.7" iPad (smaller)

5249 karma

Thanks for the reply. This is very helpful information.

691 karma

@"Alan Cheuk", it is awesome! Thank you for respond my questions very quickly! It is very helpful! I am clear now..

• tristan.locke1tristan.locke1 Alum Member
    100 karma

Hey @"Alan Cheuk" first, awesome job on the digital LSAT! I was super happy with how accurate the experience is relative to the tester from LSAC. This is a small suggestion (probably has already been addressed) but it looks like LSAC actually highlights the passage for questions with references to specific lines of text in RC (e.g. “what does the author mean by “profound” as it’s used in line 52”). Occasionally on older tests it’s difficult in the 7Sage tester to find the exact line referenced. What the team has put together is great, just a suggested improvement for the future. You guys rock!

• ArtyLawDudeArtyLawDude Member
    14 karma

anybody know WHAT KIND OF TABLET the LSAC is going to be giving us on test day?

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" This just keeps on getting better and better! Thanks for all of your efforts! One item to report: I don't seem to be able to add a note on an already existing prob. set. It allows me to type something on the line, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save the note. Thank you

3074 karma

@"tristan.locke1" said:
    Hey @"Alan Cheuk" first, awesome job on the digital LSAT! I was super happy with how accurate the experience is relative to the tester from LSAC. This is a small suggestion (probably has already been addressed) but it looks like LSAC actually highlights the passage for questions with references to specific lines of text in RC (e.g. “what does the author mean by “profound” as it’s used in line 52”). Occasionally on older tests it’s difficult in the 7Sage tester to find the exact line referenced. What the team has put together is great, just a suggested improvement for the future. You guys rock!

Thanks Tristan! We have been looking into what to do about the line references, and have something in the pipeline, but this will take a while and won't be coming out soon. On the (kind of) brightside, when you take the real test with the automatic references, it will be easier than your practice tests.

Sorry!

3074 karma

@ArtyLawDude said:
    anybody know WHAT KIND OF TABLET the LSAC is going to be giving us on test day?

Previous examinations used the MS Surface Go 10" tablet, with a cheap stylus (not the expensive Surface one).

3074 karma

@LSATJedi said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" This just keeps on getting better and better! Thanks for all of your efforts! One item to report: I don't seem to be able to add a note on an already existing prob. set. It allows me to type something on the line, but there doesn't seem to be a way to save the note. Thank you

If you type in a note, it should be auto-saved a few times a minute. That's why there is no save button.

If after entering a note, you quickly refresh or click back to see all the problem sets before the autosave is complete, it will still be saved, but it likely won't show up on your view. If you refresh a second time, you should see the note there. Please try it out and let me know if it is working on your side!

• Lawster9Lawster9 Alum Member
    393 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:

@lsatplaylist said:

To do a single section, you make a custom problem set with just the one section.

1. Go to https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Tap "Show Existing Problem Sets" at the top of the page
    3. Set the PT range and section type you are looking for.
    4. Select the questions/passages/games for the section you want to take. (tip: you can filter to a section by typing something like "pt01 s2" into the search bar, then tap the blue shopping cart icon on the top left of the table to select all of them)
    5. Tap "Create Problem Set with..."
    6. Take the problem set.

Note that the default timing for LR problem sets is based on the number of questions, so if you are doing an LR section, it will probably be a little bit off from 35m. If you want to do exactly 35m, you can tap on the clock icon, change to "Unlimited time" and stop the section manually at 35m

@"Alan Cheuk" Is there a way to take a FULL PT with unlimited time?

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

Anyone else having an issue on iPad (safari or 7sage app) wherein if you select to far to the right on the stimulus the answer choices all get selected with the tool currently being used? For instance, if you are using the underline tool in the stimulus then start underlining the last word of a sentence in the stimulus, then the remain content of the stimulus gets underlined as well as all the answer choices. It also happens with other tools as well.

• StayPositiveStayPositive Alum Member
    32 karma

Apologies if this was already answered but is it possible under the timing options to have a "35 minute" option. Some full sections for example have 24 questions and the time is not reflective of the 35 minutes we would have in reality (but rather 32 or 33 minutes). I'm currently doing timed sections (not full tests) and would like to practice with the 35 minute timing. Thanks! P.S. Moving to digital has been revolutionary and incredibly helpful.

• 615 karma

Having trouble with problem sets. when I load the set, it automatically scrolled down and can't see the timer. when I scroll up, the screen is frozen and I can't select anything on the tester. Also, once had trouble with 5 min warning. The screen froze but this was fixed when I rebooted my ipad. I have screenshots but don't know where to send them. ipad pro 2nd gen 10.5"

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    edited November 2019 433 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Hi Alan, for PT 73 the sizing of the font keeps changing from question to question when I took the 2 LR sections. It would be the font I set it to, then it would become ultra small then back to normal again. (IPad Pro 12.9) . Also, with the new ios update it is ridiculously hard to highlight in RC sections. Before it would just know and detect the highlighting feature, now it goes to the IOS overlay and asks if I want to define the word rather than highlighting.

3074 karma

@VanishingTaxAct Sorry for the delayed response. We tried it out on iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.2 on Safari and 7Sage. The text size and highlighting on RC passages are working on our side. Could you please try force refreshing and if the problem is still there, could you please give more information on the steps to make it happen on your side? That way we are more likely to be able to reproduce it and figure out what is going wrong. Thank you and sorry for the hassle!

111 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" hey, I am having an issue now with the search filter vanishing on the Create problem sets tab. Works for LG selection, but the search filter vanishes upon selecting Logical Reasoning. On iPad and happens in both the app and through safari.

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" as a heads up, I am having the same problem as I Dunt Want It, and I am on an HP laptop using Chrome.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

heads up, I am having issues making problem sets in LR. LG seems to be fine. (both Microsoft edge and Chrome)

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

Same! ^ I cannot search for PT or by category for LR. Works for LG and RC. I am using Chrome on a Mac.

• 16 karma

I am also have trouble using the problem sets with LR. It appears most (if not all) functionality is retained for the clean 1-16 tests, but I lose filter and sorting functionality when I switch to 36-58, 59+, etc. I am using Safari on an iPad. @“Alan Cheuk”

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

@studentservice please read the above comments regarding problem sets.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @lsatgodjk @Chloefrazer @"Ralph the Rover"

I'm sorry about this. Thanks for letting us know.

I was able to re-create the issue on my end. We are looking into this, and I will update you all as soon as we put out the fix.

Thanks!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @"I Dunt Want It", @lsatgodjk, @Chardiggity, @Chloefrazer, and @"Ralph the Rover"

Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We pushed a fix out just now. Please force refresh the page and try again.

Scroll to the end of the page and tap on "force refresh." See the screenshot below:

Let us know if you're still having issues.

• ChardiggityChardiggity Alum Member
    336 karma

Working a treat now @"Juliet --Student Service--". Thanks!

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Hi Alan, the RC highlighting issue seems to be happening all the time I just tried it on a problem set. I'm also using 13.2 on Safari and 7sage. Could it be because I am using an apple pencil ? I just try highlighting like you would usually and then 50% of the time it would work and the other 50% of the time the iOS overlay pops out and asks if I want to copy/look up/share like it would normally if you were browsing something on the web. As for the font size changing in LR, it seems specific to PT 73. I would set it to extra small then on some questions it would become like font size 5 and then other questions it would revert back to normal around font size 11. When it goes to font size 5 and I highlight it, it would change the font size back to normal.

edited November 2019 111 karma

@VanishingTaxAct I have the same issue and have found that I have less issues if I use the fixed theme.

111 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" hey I wanted to inquire about single section practice. Currently, we can make a single section problem sets, however, we cannot edit the time so it's a total of 35 mins. It seems that some sections are being shortchanged to 33 or 34 minutes, instead of 35 minutes. Can this timing feature be adjusted to reflect testing conditions?