arancia21arancia21 Alum Member
edited May 2020 in Law School Admissions 20 karma

Comments

• marc-antoine.leblancmarc-antoine.leblanc Alum Member
    47 karma

I don't think you should wait for your green card before applying. I am also an international applicant from Canada and all the admission officers have told me they don't care if you are an international applicant or American citizen as long that you demonstrate you have adequate English skills for law school, but as you've completed your undergrad in the US, that should not be an issue for you. If you think you could get a better LSAT score by waiting for the next cycle then that could be a good reason for delaying application, but don't do it because you think that your green card will help your chances. Hope that helps!

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

You would be considered an international student for loan and financing purposes, but for admissions consideration, you would be evaluated as a domestic candidates with a reportable GPA from a US school and LSAT score. Your immigration status plays no role in the evaluation process.

For admissions purposes, an international student is someone who received their undergraduate degree from a school outside the US and Canada. In the review process, the adcom would consider the file holistically, but such a candidate would not have a GPA that would factor as a stat in the law school's ranking or reporting.