Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When JY says be able to finish this game w/in 5 minutes does he mean just set up or questions also?

Durt CobainDurt Cobain Alum Member
in General 54 karma

Title says it all

Comments

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

The set-up and all of the questions. You'll get there with practice!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Both! Seems crazy at first but with time you'll be doing easy games well under 5 mins!

• Durt CobainDurt Cobain Alum Member
    54 karma

@aisling

Thanks for the response. I figured that was the case. I can get there already on some of the easier sequencing games, but with grouping games I find myself more often taking a long time just simply drawing out my game board. I feel like I'm getting a lot out of the set up and pushing out inferences, but not getting as much out of doing the questions over and over. After I have done the questions a couple times, my mind takes shortcuts. For example it will be like I know C is the wrong answer so I quickly prove C is wrong without really thinking about the inferences at all whereas I feel much more engaged during the set up, regardless if I've seen the question before or not... not sure how to remedy this. I try to force myself to go through each necessary inference, but honestly that's a lot easier said than done.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

You might try spreading out your work - for instance, do your first run of the game, then watch the video, then do a second run, and rather than watching the video again, put it away for a couple of days before trying again?

I know that when I get frustrated with repeating a game a million times, I'm more likely to take the shortcuts I'm familiar with, so when I feel that happening, I try to set that game aside and come back to it later.

• ALEXAN.SALEXAN.S Alum Member
    108 karma

I wouldn’t worry to much about remembering the right answer choices as long as you understand the inferences that go along with them. Like everything else on the LSAT, answer choices for LG follow patterns and drilling games over and over helps you spot what the test is looking for.