Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your 2 month study schedule? What resources are you using to study?

gbritto98gbritto98 Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

I have about 9 weeks till the LSAT. I have the Powerscore bible trilogy. Right now that will be the only resource I can afford till 2 weeks. Do you think Powerscore, buying LSAT official tests on Amazon and video explanations on 7sage and youtube are enough resources to make around a 170? Even in the Powerscore bible 2 month study guide, its suggesting I get the workbooks (around $60 each) and a couple of other books. I already spent $110 on the PS and $200 for the LSAT. With all of the suggested resources from PS, that would total up to more than $300.

Also I know a lot of people suggest taking a cold timed diagnostic test, but I have heard some of companies saying that its best to study a bit before taking an initial test and don't time it till you get closer to the test dates. What do you guys think? http://s3.amazonaws.com/studentcenter/self-study/2-Month-LSAT-Study-Plan.pdf this is the PS 2 month study guide

Comments

• RosenkranzRosenkranz Alum Member
    105 karma

If you're already consistently in the 170s, then you have enough time to stay in the 170s.

Otherwise, consider taking more than two months to get there, if ever you do.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I've heard of some people being able to get over 170 in around 2 months but its extremely hard. I would take a diagnostic to see how much you understand and what you need to improve on.

• annisoogoodannisoogood Core Member
    20 karma

I would highly suggest taking a diagnostic test sooner rather than later. Even with all the aforementioned resources, that does not mean you will necessarily get up to a 170, and this is all dependant on what you're consistently scoring at.

• 141 karma

I've been prepping for the past 2 months and will take the August retake on Friday. I feel ready, but barely.

1. Take the cold diagnostic ASAP. That'll clarify timelines. If you are close to your goal score, 2 months should work. If you're off by a bit you may need more time.

2. Don't buy the Preptest books - buy the online one from LSAC or 7Sage or some other provider. Your test (unless you get accommodations) will be digital. Why practice with pen and paper when the actual test will be digital?

3. I'm assuming you're starting prep from scratch. If not, skip this point. There are about 90 Preptests out there. Getting through all (or even half) in 2 months is going to be brutal. It means a preptest a day which is 3 hours of mental exertion + Blind Review + review + explanations (if you take a course). That's 6-7 hours of work. Add any kind of fundamentals work and you're studying 8-10 hours a day every day. It's rough, and I'm currently unemployed. If you have a job or a kid (adulting!), it's going to be terrible.

TLDR:
    1. Cold Diag ASAP.
    2. Get the digital PTs.
    3. 2 months from scratch is going to be rough. Brace yourself.

• Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
    edited August 2021 551 karma

I bought Steve Schwartz's 4-month LSAT study guide but I think he has a variety of month-by-month study guides available. It was only 25 bucks, and I used it as a rough skeleton plan of what I would do everyday for four months. I wasn't wholly dedicated to it, but I realised it was mainly based on drilling--so that's exactly what I did. I ended up drilling 40+ PTs this past 4 months of the summer.

I've heard of other people doing really well just by using 7Sage solely, but it wasn't cutting out for me. I realized I needed to be in a study group or class to stay motivated so I ended up getting a tutor and signing up for some online classes for a month. This really helped stave away LSAT depression and burnout: seeing other people in real time studying with you was exactly what I needed. I'm still on my LSAT journey, but I've been able to score in the mid- to high-160s on PTs. I started off with a 149 diagnostic.

The point being is that I think you needed to try a variety of resources before you can really say what is "enough" for you. If I could start my LSAT journey all over again, I wished someone told me not to listen to what worked out for others (because everyone learns differently and everyone starts out differently). Instead, I wish I tried out every resource to see what works for me.

• jessmal21jessmal21 Core Member
    3 karma

try khan academy - its free