Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reapplicant: Is it ethical to email admission office and ask how to improve application????

ZlawyeredZlawyered Member
in General 140 karma

Hey there,
As a re applicant, I was wondering if it is ethical to email the admission office of my desired law school and inquire about how to improve/ build on my application from the year prior? Would that be frowned upon, or put me at a disadvantage for this year? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

I don’t think it’s an issue of ethics, but as a rule schools probably won’t look at individual applications in that manner. These offices process thousands of applications each year and they are busy with other office initiatives like recruiting. Best to do your own research and ask for support from an advisor or from a fellow applicant in the form of peer review.

• ZlawyeredZlawyered Member
    140 karma

Thank you for a timely response. So you recommend contacting an adviser from a particular law school as opposed to the admission council team? Also, do those advisers has access to your application, and would they be willing to provide recommendations?

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@zdanewiczmark
    No I meant an advisor who may be helping you already with your application materials. Like a pre law advisor or a consultant. This forum and reddit are full of people who do peer review if you want to have a new set of eyes on your essay. I don’t think it is a good idea to ask the school how your application could be better, nor do I think you should contact an advisor from that school. Again it isn’t an ethical issue, but these schools are busy and they expect you to do the research required and seek help if necessary to polish your application.