Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Digital RC

Hey Team,

I'm taking September and have noticed that my RC scores have not improved nearly as much as my LG and LR's have. I think this may have to do with switching to the digital format. I was studying on paper in May, then switched to a tablet in July. I find the format awkward to navigate and cumbersome to look back in the text. Of course annotation is limited now as well. Does anyone have any tips on making notes/highlighting in digital RC, or more broadly digital RC advice?

Thanks!

Comments

• Same question here... How should we study RC other than understanding why we got certain questions wrong and doing structural/content low-rise summary? Help needed too!

• better call laurenbetter call lauren Alum Member
    46 karma

same!

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Digital RC is certainly different. If you used to write low res one word summaries on the margins you may find writing them on a piece of loose leaf paper helps. I decided not to take notes at all. Instead, I came up with a highlighting system that works for me. ex. I use Pink when the author slips his or her opinion/tone into the text. I use Yellow and Orange for competing viewpoints. Some people argues highlighting is a waste of time (and it does take up time) but I think it can have it's benifits. As long as you're not highlighting for the sake of highlighting you should be fine. Maybe test out how much time a strategy like the one I described adds to your passage time and then adjust from there. Some people don't underline or highlight at all.

@Sharon_sarangyang said:
    Same question here... How should we study RC other than understanding why we got certain questions wrong and doing structural/content low-rise summary? Help needed too!

7Sage shows exactly how much time you spend on the passage as well as each question. I would start there. For a lot of people, the time spent on hard questions is responsible for RC difficulties.