Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changing Test Date: Do law schools see that you've changed?

shapesandspaceshapesandspace Free Trial Member
in General 69 karma

Hi everyone,

If I changed my test date to a later test date, would law schools see that I've changed the date? Does it come up as a cancellation? Or does it not appear at all? And if it does come up as a cancellation or a date change, does it have any potential to negatively affect your application? I know that a cancellation does not look better than never having a cancellation, so I was wondering if this date change had the same effect.

Comments

• sillyquillysillyquilly Member
    121 karma

I think the only one they see is if you dont show up without canceling. Other than that, I think you're okay to cancel or reschedule however many times

• givemekombuchagivemekombucha Alum Member
    14 karma

I am assuming you changed the test date prior to 11:59 pm the night before the test.
    It only appears as "absent" on your record if you do not withdraw or change the test date prior to the night before. I believe it only has a potential negative impact if you have an "absent" on your record, but in your case, you should have not have an absent since you withdrew/changed the test date before the deadline. I could be wrong, but I do not think your old test date will even show up on your record if you met the deadline.

• shapesandspaceshapesandspace Free Trial Member
    69 karma

Thank you! I called LSAC, and they confirmed that withdraws would not be sent to law schools, but they cannot guarantee that law schools have no randomly checked your profile. If they have, then they could see the test date you were supposed to take.