Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is taking the January 2020 LSAT too late?

Hi all,

I have been studying for about 2 months and I was really hoping to get into the Fall 2020 Cycle after taking the January 2020 LSAT. I have done research on a bunch of the schools that I would like to apply to and their application deadlines are late March 2020, however I constantly am seeing that January is too late to apply.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It really depends on the school range and your score honestly. The higher ranked the school, the more important it is to apply earlier (generally). For T-14 schools the January LSAT is pretty late, unless you pull like a 175+ in which case they'll probably still want you. For T100 schools, it's probably okay if you're at/above median.

• legal.eaglelegal.eagle Core Member
    87 karma

I am in the same situation. I am planning to apply for the Fall 2020 term after taking the LSAT in January (I took it in July and canceled my score). I decided I may as well try and if I don't get accepted or I don't get scholarships, I can always apply for the following cycle. The deadline for the school in my city is March 1st, so I know I will be cutting it close. I should also add, I am not planning on going to a T14 school.