Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Master LR? Closing the Gap between BR and PT LR score? Tips Appreciated!

mooooooo00mooooooo00 Free Trial Member

Currently, I am averaging -3/-4 per section and I would like to get that down to -0 to -2 per section. I struggle most with Sufficient Assumption, Strengthen, Resolve the Paradox, Weaken, and Necessary Assumption type questions, but I think rather than a question type...it's more about level 4 or 5 difficulty questions. Recently, I've also been missing these questions in Blind Review so I'm not sure what's wrong or if I am overthinking them.
Also, I finish RIIGHT on time or guess on 1-2 questions. I know speed comes with improved skill, so any tips on how I can finish consistently with ~2 minutes left would really help!
How should I proceed? I don't really have much time left and I don't have time to order and go through the Loophole :(
I'm really glad that I've come a long way in LR because I used to miss around -8 to -10, but I really want to score the best I can!
I would really appreciate advice and tips on maximizing my improvements given a limited time frame!

Comments

• galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
    224 karma

I'm in the same boat as you and would love any tips on improving in LR as well!

• goblue123goblue123 Alum Member
    231 karma

Yo! There's a bunch you can do-- of course, there's problem sets, focusing in on 4/5 star questions, but how do you do on blind review? If you're blind reviewing well, it may be a timing thing-- for that, I'd say really hone in on a consistent skipping strategy.

My skipping strategy (note: you should read a bunch of different ones, then test things out and see what works for you)
    Before I started skipping, I'd get caught up on 2 or 3 questions in the 11-18 range that would turn into massive time sinks because I wouldn't allow myself to move on without answering. More often than not, I got those 2 or 3 wrong. Then, now having less time for 19-26, I'd get 3 or 4 of those wrong.

I started to let myself skip those 2 or 3 questions, and also skip and parallel method/parallel flaw question (I didn't have a ton of trouble with PM/PF, they were just time sinks). I'd also let my self skip 2 or 3 questions in the 19-26 range, those really difficult ones, so that I'd finish the section around the 25 minute mark with 4-6 questions skipped. Now, I'd return to those questions with fresh eyes. For the questions I skipped in the 11-18 range, almost 75% of the time I just needed a break from them and the answer was obvious, so skipping was huge for those. Then, for those 2-3 really, really, tough questions, I'm tackling those around the 28/29 minute mark, so I really have a lot of time for them. This got me from -4/-5 to -1/-0.