Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel? Last day to decide!

LSATBYEBYELSATBYEBYE Member
in General 37 karma

Hello 7sagers, I know this question has been asked for multiple times but today is the last day to make the deicision, so I would love to hear your thoughts. Currently I have a 166 from Janurary, and I plan to take November's test (signed up after I was destroyed by September test). My prediction for my LG would be (-2 to -7), that would give me 163 - 169, depending on how lucky I am. I was about to cancel after I walked out from the test center six days ago, but there was a slight hope in my head that I might be doing as well as or higher than my previous test...(ugh)

I really appreciate any thoughts or feedbacks, and good luck everyone on October and November tests!!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would not cancel if I were you. It's really hard to guess your score after the LSAT, and the fact that 1) you already have a score on record and 2) you think you might have done better, makes me lean toward not canceling.

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

I don't think you should cancel, especially if you think there is a chance you improved.

• CharlieHuCharlieHu Alum Member
    129 karma

I think unless your target is 170 and you are predicting a 155, you should not cancel. A cancel can be seen by school anyway, and schools will always assume it's bad. On the other hand a few points of score drop is no big deal.

• LSATBYEBYELSATBYEBYE Member
    37 karma

Thank you! @MissChanandler
    My concern would be if its worse to have a lower score on file than having a cancellation? Or maybe law schools don't really care about one lower score?

37 karma

@maxbbarb7 Thank you for the suggestion! I am now leaning toward not cancelling...Although I just hate that I might get a lower score and honestly I'm upset that it might look bad on my application..

37 karma

@CharlieHu That is actually a good point - The worst scenario would be that I got a low160s, like 162, and if that (166-162) doesn't matter much I would keep it. Thank you for your input!

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

How are you doing on PTs? If you think you have a good shot at scoring 170 in November, I would lean towards cancelling, but clearly I'm in the minority opinion here. Either way, don't sweat it too much, because neither option will be disastrous.

37 karma

@taschasp said:
    How are you doing on PTs? If you think you have a good shot at scoring 170 in November, I would lean towards cancelling, but clearly I'm in the minority opinion here. Either way, don't sweat it too much, because neither option will be disastrous.

@taschasp I was leaning toward cancelling at beginning too. My PT was around 169 - 173, most of times 171. I was confident about this test before September but now I am not, considering they might start putting extreme difficult sections in...

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think go with what you feel like will be best after the cancel deadline is over. Which result will be better for your stress and burnout? Thinking of you on this day.

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

@LSATBYEBYE my best practice test I scored a 169, and before I scored it I was feeling like I got a 160. I think you may surprise yourself because it is a hard test to judge. Just hope they give us a decent curve. Either way, I do not think a slight drop in your score would hurt you. Those games were tough though...

37 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    I think go with what you feel like will be best after the cancel deadline is over. Which result will be better for your stress and burnout? Thinking of you on this day.

@lsatplaylist Thank you! this is helpful since mental health is another important aspect of this test, and I probably will feel less stressful about a canceled score tbh :smile:

• marmalademarmalade Member
    107 karma

Have you decided whether to cancel? I was in the same situation and I decided to take a bet and didn’t cancel...