Hey September 2019 Fam -- how's everyone doing?

Are you all still taking a break or gearing up for a retake in October and/or November?

Comments

• DuhorangedangDuhorangedang Alum Member
    47 karma

i hired a tutor after the september test

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

Hanging in until I see that score. Do a few LSAT problems here and there to stay fresh but not expecting to need a retake at this time.

• ConquerLSATboiConquerLSATboi Alum Member
    edited September 2019 81 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    Hanging in until I see that score. Do a few LSAT problems here and there to stay fresh but not expecting to need a retake at this time.

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin Do you think you broke 170 despite that LR section?

1094 karma

@ConquerLSATboi said:

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin Do you think you broke 170 despite that LR section?

The other 3 scored sections aside from the LG felt really strong to me. The day before the Sep exam I went -1 on my LR sections and -2 on RC. If I replicated that performance I have a good shot at 170+

81 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin Same. Think I dropped a few points in the RC section though. How many do you think you missed on LG? Think I for sure dropped at least 3-4.

1094 karma

@ConquerLSATboi said:
    @99thPercentileOrDieTryin Same. Think I dropped a few points in the RC section though. How many do you think you missed on LG? Think I for sure dropped at least 3-4.

At least -3 on LG but could be as bad as -9 if I made any careless mistakes. Frustrating because I was consistently -0/-3 for LG on most of my last 10 PTs. Anxious to see my score for sure.

• sethcook3sethcook3 Member
    36 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:

@ConquerLSATboi said:

At least -3 on LG but could be as bad as -9 if I made any careless mistakes. Frustrating because I was consistently -0/-3 for LG on most of my last 10 PTs. Anxious to see my score for sure.

I feel the same way. I was PT'ing around mid to low 170's usually going -3/-0 on LG but that section yeeted me off the bat. I think I have a strong chance to have done well on the rest but I don't know if it would be enough to make up for the LG. I think I'm gonna register for november and maybe cancel it when I get my score back and just have to eat the cost.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I went ahead and signed up for November just because I have the free take from my July Cancel. But I’m focused on polishing my personal and diversity statement. I’m pretty much on my final draft for my PS and still need to have clean up my DS a tiny bit. I’ve also started doing research specifically for why x essays. It’s more work than I expected. Letters of rec have been done for a long time now so I think I’ll be able to apply in October unless September went worse than expected.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

I'm certain I'll need to re-take in November, but I gave myself two weeks off of studying and have been working on essays instead. PS and DS are in the proofreading stage, so I'm going to start working on Why X essays next. So many essays!

I'll take my first post-LSAT PT this Saturday and then back to the study plan. Phew!

• Shane C.Shane C. Alum Member
    131 karma

@aisling said:
    I'm certain I'll need to re-take in November, but I gave myself two weeks off of studying and have been working on essays instead. PS and DS are in the proofreading stage, so I'm going to start working on Why X essays next. So many essays!

I'll take my first post-LSAT PT this Saturday and then back to the study plan. Phew!

Pretty much in the same boat. Registered for November, and I am going to be staying fresh by doing 1-2 PTs and deep reviews of them each week. Still can't believe how those logic games did me dirty last week!

• tristan.locke1tristan.locke1 Alum Member
    100 karma

I am registering for November but remaining optimistic on September! I realize that not everyone is able to burn $200 on needlessly registering for the November exam, but it's well worth it for me if it means getting into my dream school vs. waiting a full additional year to apply!

81 karma

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:
    I went ahead and signed up for November just because I have the free take from my July Cancel. But I’m focused on polishing my personal and diversity statement. I’m pretty much on my final draft for my PS and still need to have clean up my DS a tiny bit. I’ve also started doing research specifically for why x essays. It’s more work than I expected. Letters of rec have been done for a long time now so I think I’ll be able to apply in October unless September went worse than expected.

@"Pride Only Hurts" I'm sure you did great! I think I saw somewhere on another forum that you think you broke 170 for Sept?

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@ConquerLSATboi said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" I'm sure you did great! I think I saw somewhere on another forum that you think you broke 170 for Sept?

Haha nah I wish! I’m pretty confident It’ll be mid to high 160s. 170 is most likely out of reach though. I’m ok with that. Even a 165 would be an 18 point improvement for me.

• nycgal90nycgal90 Alum Member
    149 karma

I've given myself a few weeks off from studying to work on admissions essays. After studying for almost a year, I don't think I'll suddenly forget all logic! I am registered for the October LSAT just in case the September one went horribly wrong - and after that crazy logic games section, I am really glad I have a backup. Really anxious to get my score back, but I've focused a lot on my overall well-being and mindset these last few weeks, so if I bombed the test I will just have to take a deep breath (after a good cry) and do it again.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Is there a list of schools that want Why X essays?

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

I've been registered for November and studying. Hopefully we are blessed with a generous curve and happy with our scores. I felt pretty good about September and I finished the logic game section. It was very difficult though, I would love to see like a -12 curve... I think we deserve that. I did think that the LR sections and RC section were easier than usual, so we might get screwed with not a great curve. Hoping for the best. I would love to apply instead of retake

• Kaurate21Kaurate21 Member
    21 karma

@nycgal90 hey i’m registered for October too just in case! I feel like test day is approaching so fast and I don’t know if I’m studying enough after September. How’s your schedule? I’m trying to see if I’m slacking or doing too much at this point!