Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Exam Locations

djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
Hey 7Sagers!

So today, I decided to officially register myself for the June 2015 sitting but was in for a surprise. I realized that the place where I wanted to take the Exam, Georgetown LC (where I currently study), was all full. This is shocking because I've seen it been open even until the month before, but I guess it was super popular this time around.

Does anyone know any other good exam sites in the DMV area? Also, I feel like it would be really helpful to everyone if we all shared where we previously taken our exams and if you recommended it to everyone! (not just in DC, but anywhere!)

Although I've heard that test locations matter, the attorney that I work with said that she took her LSAT (and her bar exam) at UMD- College Park, which is known to be a less-than-optimum location...but she ended up at HLS and said that in the end, it's just an exam center. So we shouldn't think too much into it, but i'm sure it will help!

Comments

• arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    They offer it at Northern Virginia Community College in Annandale but I wouldn't recommend it for you. The desks are super small, my LSAT was like some kinda lecture room with a tiny desk! (I am a leftie too) So I struggled with not enough space at all.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Saw this on TLS the other day. Hopefully this helps!

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2015 3462 karma
    Crap! I might want to register ASAP before the deadline, eh.
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    Thanks guys, the advice/link were both really helpful. I decided to go with UMD-College Park!
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    Emli, yeah you definitely should! I was caught off guard by how quickly the locations filled up...
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    don't take it at gsu in atlanta, your desk will be less than 1.5 feet wide
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    St. Thomas University, Miami Gardens/Fort Lauderdale, runs the LSAT very efficiently and they're pleasant too. The LSAT is run in two lecture halls with each row having a continuous strip of desktop so lots of room. Lefties like me are put in a row of their own, and everyone is spaced out well so no issues laying things out the way you like.

Personally I would not recommend Clark Atlanta University in Atlanta.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @djkrd92 yea, i check my locations and they're all still available so i'm signing up by the end of next week or sooner.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    @djkrd92 I know you already registered, but for others who have not: I suggest testing at a law school if at all possible. You'll be just about guaranteed a wide desk area to spread out which is really important during games and RC. I tested at American's law school and it was excellent. Remember the ABA accrediting teams require a certain quality of facility...the exact same quality you want for your testing environment. If you go to any non-law school testing center, you may end up at a desk chair...which is not roomy and sometimes may not be enough room to have your test open and your answer sheet next to it on the table. (you should practice this just in case)

Also, stalk your testing center!!! Go there at least a week early on a Saturday to see what traffic/parking/construction/activities are like. Go inside and check out the classrooms if you can and look at the desks and sit in the chairs. Listen for noises...if you hear any, go on youtube and find an audio clip of that noise and play it in the background on your next few PTs (Construction/traffic/pedestrians/etc.).

Choosing a test center is important. A good one means one less thing to distract you when you're in the zone after months of prep.