Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official September 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

124»

Comments

• coryconleycoryconley Alum Member
    32 karma

Well, I canceled. The logic games win this time. I signed up for November; I'll have to travel about 100 miles to a testing center, but hopefully it'll be worth it...

• @"Pride Only Hurts" said:

The stylus was very responsive. I enjoyed the tablet format. Was exactly like 7 sage although I only practiced on a desktop. I HATED the scratch paper they provided. There’s a giant watermark in the middle and it was honestly so distracting. Maybe it’s just me.

I noticed one difference between the tablet and the 7sage preps. In the actual exam you could put the RC on full-screen. That was pretty nice, made it more like a printed RC section and I like those more

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

@"No LSAT for Hogwarts" said:

@"Pride Only Hurts" said:

The stylus was very responsive. I enjoyed the tablet format. Was exactly like 7 sage although I only practiced on a desktop. I HATED the scratch paper they provided. There’s a giant watermark in the middle and it was honestly so distracting. Maybe it’s just me.

I noticed one difference between the tablet and the 7sage preps. In the actual exam you could put the RC on full-screen. That was pretty nice, made it more like a printed RC section and I like those more

Yes this option was available. I can't say wether or not it's available on 7 sage because I certainly haven't looked for it. It looked awkward for me so I opted to go with what I was used to. I'm glad we have more than one option though.

• CharlieHuCharlieHu Alum Member
    129 karma

How's everyone feeling about this score release?

2186 karma

@CharlieHu said:

Definitely checking reddit for the curve before I check my own results 😂 is like to be let down gently.

• CharlieHuCharlieHu Alum Member
    129 karma

@CharlieHu said:

Definitely checking reddit for the curve before I check my own results 😂 is like to be let down gently.

I think it's a -13.

2186 karma

@CharlieHu said:

@CharlieHu said:

I think it's a -13.

Yeah it is. Thank god. My score was a little better than I expected.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

@CharlieHu said:

@CharlieHu said:

I think it's a -13.

Yeah it is. Thank god. My score was a little better than I expected.

Good deal. Mine was slightly lower than expected :-(
    Uggggh. Don’t know what to do now.

• _aisling__aisling_ Alum Member
    289 karma

Will our test booklet show up today, or does that get added to the account later on?

My score was at the highest end of the range I was expecting . . . but that whole range was lower than my goal and my average. So I'll absolutely be retaking in November.

2186 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin

Good deal. Mine was slightly lower than expected :-(
    Uggggh. Don’t know what to do now.

Happy to help you make a decision if you want. Just shoot me a message if you need to bounce ideas off of someone.

• ALEXAN.SALEXAN.S Alum Member
    108 karma

Yikes. Lower than July (canceled) and 8 points below my PT average. Not sure how to move forward, test day focus seems to be a big issue.

• pgv2013pgv2013 Alum Member
    59 karma

Well about exactly what I thought it would be. Just good enough to make me want to forgo November's and just low enough to where I feel compelled to give it another shot (in part due to the LG section on Sep). I really want to get applications out. Especially to one school in particular in which they must receive an app before Nov 15 to be eligible for the in person interview, but my score is a couple of points below their median. Any suggestions on how to handle all of this going forward would be so appreciated.

• samba324samba324 Alum Member
    36 karma

After weeks of worrying that I got worse than -10 on LG, I got -7. I can deal with that. My worst section ended up being RC at -8, including missing 4 of the last 6 questions. Ugh. Can somebody remind me what the last passage was about?

• pgv2013pgv2013 Alum Member
    59 karma

Wow. I had the same exact outcomes on both LG and RC. -7 & -8 wtih the last RC section whooping my a**!!!

2186 karma

@samba324 said:
    After weeks of worrying that I got worse than -10 on LG, I got -7. I can deal with that. My worst section ended up being RC at -8, including missing 4 of the last 6 questions. Ugh. Can somebody remind me what the last passage was about?

I think it was about environmental law?

• samba324samba324 Alum Member
    36 karma

@samba324 said:

Oh yeah I think that’s right! Combination of test fatigue and difficult passage I suppose

2186 karma

@samba324 said:

@samba324 said:

Oh yeah I think that’s right! Combination of test fatigue and difficult passage I suppose

Yeah I thought it was the hardest passage. RC was also my last section so I was feeling it too.

• michelle.zysk99michelle.zysk99 Alum Member
    33 karma

I wish I had read this discussion before I cancelled my score. For the last 3 weeks I have gone into a cave and felt demoralized by the LG section in September. Even though I felt good about the other sections, I knew I couldn’t rebound from the high number of LG random guesses. The soonest retest I could get was November which just misses the deadline for early binding at my 1st pick. Now I have my responses and am dying to know what I scored on my other sections.
    But at least I don’t feel all my preparation was for nothing. I’ll crack open my old prep books today and give it one more try.

• divaspellerdivaspeller Alum Member
    68 karma

Does anyone else still not have their score? Waiting is torture....

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

I still have not received my score. anyone else??

• ramonaramona Alum Member
    17 karma

I wonder when the explanations for the Sept LG get published onto 7sage?

68 karma

@username_hello said:

Did you ever receive your score? I still don’t have mine...not gonna lie I’m kinda mad.

• jessicacejessicace Alum Member
    90 karma

@divaspeller said:

@username_hello said:

Did you ever receive your score? I still don’t have mine...not gonna lie I’m kinda mad.

Check your LSAT Registration status. Mine wasn't emailed to me until around 10 am but I had checked the website at 9 am.

68 karma

@jessicace said:

@divaspeller said:

@username_hello said:

Check your LSAT Registration status. Mine wasn't emailed to me until around 10 am but I had checked the website at 9 am.

Thanks! I've actually been checking the LSAC site ever since this morning...my icons are still grey. Figure I'll call if I don't have it by tomorrow.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

@divaspeller havent received it yet and am still grey. Where’d u take ur test?

• averystefanaverystefan Member
    8 karma

@"ALEXAN.S" said:
    Yikes. Lower than July (canceled) and 8 points below my PT average. Not sure how to move forward, test day focus seems to be a big issue.

SAME! So disappointing! Hoping JY will do an explanation on the Logic Games section soon too.

68 karma

@username_hello said:
    @divaspeller havent received it yet and am still grey. Where’d u take ur test?

Brigham Young University. You?

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

When will this test appear on 7sage?

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

How's everyone feeling now that they've got their scores back?

I got the exact score I was anticipating... 164.

-10 on LR1, LR2, and RC combined and whopping -11 on LG alone :neutral:

I started at a 148 and promised myself I would not give up until I make it to the top 10 percentile. A 164 puts me at the 89th percentile, UGH!

I'm using the 7sage predictor to weigh my options. I can apply with my current numbers by the end of this month or apply with a 166 (my conservatively estimated Nov. retake score) in December. My chances only improve by 3% for most schools if I retake and apply later.

Is that 3% boost worth the stress of the retake? I'm leaning toward FUCKDAT but what would you guys do?

Would love to hear your post-score-release admissions dilemmas, too :)

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

@pgv2013 said:
    Well about exactly what I thought it would be. Just good enough to make me want to forgo November's and just low enough to where I feel compelled to give it another shot (in part due to the LG section on Sep). I really want to get applications out. Especially to one school in particular in which they must receive an app before Nov 15 to be eligible for the in person interview, but my score is a couple of points below their median. Any suggestions on how to handle all of this going forward would be so appreciated.

I just posted something similar to this thread... I used the 7sage predictor and determined that if I delay apps and retake in November in exchange for a couple more points on the LSAT, my chances would only increase by about 3 percent. BUT if you're planning to ED the "boost" would probably be a lot more than if you forgo ED and delay apps in exchange for a few points. Try the 7Sage predictor to play out a few scenarios but keep in mind that it's not a crystal ball-- only meant to give you an idea of where you stand.

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

I didn't know how to do that flower game at all and guessed on all of them. I only got 2 wrong on games. 6 on reasoning and 7 on RC. RC always screws me no matter how easy it is lol

• Jan20prepJan20prep Member
    21 karma

How much scrap paper do they provide? Worried that I won’t have enough for the games and RC (Assuming I’d chose to annotate/Low reso). Thank you!

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

Its like 12+ pages... youll have enough