Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’m so happy!!!

katiehoffeckerkatiehoffecker Alum Member
in General 60 karma

150 on diagnostic to 167 on September. Thank you so much 7sage!! For those out there who read the comments/threads that say you can’t really improve your score, it is possible. Take your time, study the way you need to, and don’t worry about what others say. Handle your test anxiety, relax, and you will be surprised by what you can accomplish. For me, I finally needed to realize that this test did not define me. When I finally said “screw it,” my score improved significantly. You got this!

Comments

• J_ClarksonJ_Clarkson Alum Member
    585 karma

Great work!!!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Awesome score. :) Happy to hear this.

• kateinathenskateinathens Alum Member
    28 karma

If you don't mind me asking - how long did it take you to jump that many points?

• a. valdeza. valdez Member
    112 karma

Congratulations!!!!!

• Wow congrats! Would you mind sharing some of your study tips?

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Congrats. That was literally my mentality walking into the test also. I was like fuck it i dont care what happens, let me just get it over with. When ur stressed out about it, u do worse

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations. Well done!

• Congrats!!!!Yaayyy! What was your study schedule like and what did you think was the essential factors that made your score jump up so much, if you don't mind sharing?

• katiehoffeckerkatiehoffecker Alum Member
    60 karma

I took my diagnostic in summer of 2016. I took the LSAT that fall, and scored a 156. I decided to take some time in between undergrad and law school, and didn’t start looking at tests again until March of 2019. Retook in June and got a 160 (test anxiety got the best of me) then finally got a 167 in September. So it’s been a long road, but I would say I only spent around 5-6 months studying and only 2-3 of those were intensive studying (meaning 15-25 hours a week). I found drilling game types gave me a lot of improvement and blind reviewing helped me to identify flaws in my thinking. I watched 7Sage explanation videos for every question I flagged, and I think that really helped me to anticipate the test writers’ thinking. Toward the end, I could hear JY’s voice in my head calling out bad answers--it was hilarious! Also, I think taking breaks in between really did help things to “settle” in my mind. Every time I came back to the test, I always felt like things were just a bit easier. Test anxiety was a huge barrier for me at first as well. When I finally calmed down a bit, my ability to think critically and analyze improved significantly!