Shattering?

bmark321bmark321 Member
in General 15 karma

Hey folks - how do you shatter your thinking/intuition that brought you to the wrong answer choice?

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

I dont think theres a definitive way to know if you've shattered your former wrong reasoning. Just articulate over and over why the right one is right and why the wrong one is wrong.

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma

Well, for me, the first thing that I do is I go through the entire question and type out my thoughts. In order to shatter faulty thinking, you have to record those thoughts to enable you to refer back to them. Record the stimulus and argument (if there is one) into easier terms that would allow you to explain it to a 6 year old. If you can't explain something in terms that a kid can understand, you don't really understand it. Then, once you have a clear understanding of it, type out your anticipations of correct answers given the question stem. Once I'm at this point, I proceed through the answer choices slowly while articulating why the wrong ones are wrong and the correct one is correct. Record every reason you come up with for each one. Now that you have your thoughts written down, proceed to the video explanation and compare these thoughts to JYs. If you're thinking is incorrect, you now have the road map of how you got there. More importantly, you have the map to allow yourself to back out of that thinking. To reinforce the correct line of thought, summarize the explanation again but in terms that a kid can understand. All of this should be done in the notes section of the question so you can refer to it time to time.