Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UGA Law

JM.ZJM.Z Alum Member

Hey y’all,

I really value the input of community of 7Sage, so just wanted to ask:

Anyone looking to go to UGA law? What do you guys think of the school??

Comments

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

165 median LSAT and 3.83 median GPA. Looks like great school to shoot for if you don't care about T14; especially if you want to practice in Georgia.

• Ben butinBen butin Alum Member
    112 karma

I go to Undergrad at uga and love it! Athens is a great town and the school is super affordable! I highly recommend! the law school is right by downtown too and its just a beautiful campus! Message me if you have any other questions about the school!

• kolsen42kolsen42 Member
    9 karma

I'm looking into UGA, Georgia State and Emory - trying to stay within the Atlanta area although the three programs are pretty different. Are you considering any other programs in Georgia?

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I live in Georgia, went to Emory for undergrad. If you’re looking to practice in GA then UGA is a really great choice. It seems they really dominate the market here since a lot of Emory alum go out of state. Georgia state has a really strong network in Atlanta.

• edited October 2019 232 karma

I am kind of stuck with my family cheering me on to go to University of Georgia, but I want go to school in Texas. I have a young 9 year old niece and 6 year old nephew that I am trying to take care of. I visited the campus over the summer. It was a nice campus and very clean. There was not a spec of dirt or garbage on the ground. It was immaculate. I was very impressed. I visited Emory law school campus 2 weeks later, but I felt was being rushed out the door. You can feel the stress around the place. The admission officer at Emory didn't like answering hard questions. I was asking standard questions about the school like tuition and student to teacher ratio including bar passage rate. She kept dodging my questions.

Here are the schools that I am going to apply in December:
    1) Baylor University
    2) Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
    3) UGA
    4) Texas Tech School of Law
    5) University of Houston School of Law.