Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR 88, Oct. 21/22

2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
edited October 2019 in General 1810 karma

Hey, sagers. For those of you over this hump, I'm seeking advice as I approach my retake on Oct. 28. The Sept. test, 88, which just dropped, is basically the only fresh material for me at this point, so I'm glad I'll have the chance to take it this Sunday. But, I've heard it's actually a good idea to refrain from scoring and reviewing the final PT before the real deal because if I do well (yay!) I'll be confident, but if I suck (boo!) I'll be terrified. I retook 87 today, which I haven't spent much time with since June and did OK, so the alternative plan would be to focus on BRing the heck out of that one and spending the rest of the week doing single sections, reviewing my notes and chilling out to get in the right mindset. Please advise if you can. I love 7Sage so much, but I can't wait for this journey to end!

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

If you do take 88 just make sure you have time to do a good BR! Even if you underperform on the timed PT you should still feel confident when you BR and are able to correct a bunch of mistakes. A light workload is probably best at this point especially if you’re working full-time.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Thanks, @drbrown2. So you think there's no value in taking it unless I score and do a full BR? I'm considering just taking it as an exercise in completing a full test of fresh material. I do work full-time, and I am lightening the workload, so I have to figure out what's most important to focus on...

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    Thanks, @drbrown2. So you think there's no value in taking it unless I score and do a full BR? I'm considering just taking it as an exercise in completing a full test of fresh material. I do work full-time, and I am lightening the workload, so I have to figure out what's most important to focus on...

I think the value is in the BR, not the score. You can tell after BR whether you feel confident enough to score it I guess. My mentality was to focus on figuring out the test on BR because that gave me confidence knowing I knew the material. Didn’t really care what the scores were at the end because I was just focused on maintaining a consistent approach and timing.

edited October 2019 1810 karma

OK, that makes sense. I think I'll BR it but never score it. If there's one thing I've learned these past 2 years, it's that PT scores don't make a lick of difference. It's so nice of Michael Cinco to set up a BR for this, but the other thing I've learned is that any kind of intense studying on the days leading up to the test is harmful to my mindset. So, that said, if any sagers out there are reading this, please PM me if you want to BR 88 on Monday and/or Tuesday (Oct. 21/22). I'm available from 9am-noon both mornings, and from 9pm-11pm on Tuesday only. @Princess @jayacid8 @zacharytsmith26 @Peaceofmind @Sharon_sarangyang @crazycalm

• kateinathenskateinathens Alum Member
    28 karma

Where can I find 88 to purchase?

1810 karma

Right here on 7sage!