Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAC just changed my test center location for October LSAT

Vino VeritasVino Veritas Alum Member
in General 33 karma

Hello,

I just got a very short email from LSAC saying that "due to circumstances beyond our control" my test center location has been changed for the October LSAT. The new test center is an hour further away and I registered several months ago (way before the deadline to register). I really don't want the stress and confusion of having to drive an extra hour the morning before the LSAT. Does anyone know why this happened and if it is worth calling them to see if I can change back?

Comments

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

First--Dont stress! Unfortunately, LSAC is allowed to do this and it sucks... calling them is unlikely to yield results but unlikely doesnt mean impossible so might as well give it a shot!

Second, if that doesnt work, think about what an investment this test is for the purposes of law school. Is it worth an extra $100-150 hotel room to make sure you are right next to, or super close to, the test center? If yes, start looking at hotels near your new test centers. Bookmark them and if things dont go your way after your call with LSAC, youll have options! Last thing you want to do is commute and hour on test day. If you have the means, make the investment. Think about the potential ROI a few points can make in terms of score with both opportunity and scholarship.

Best of luck to you!

• Heyyyyy first off, I had the same thing for my July test! They moved my test location two weeks away. First things first, it's fine! Just think about your options and decide what is best for you. I booked a hotel room just because I get nauseated if I sit in the car for too long. But it's totally up to you and again I agree with what others have said, think about the long term return on your investment in a hotel room! All that loads of scholarship money! Anyways, good luck!! You can do it !!!