PrepTests - where to start for October LSAT

sunshowerssunshowers Alum Member
in General 28 karma

Hi all — if I haven’t taken any timed practice tests and I’m taking the October LSAT in less than 2 weeks — Which test should I start with? I am thinking June 2019 and then working backwards?

Comments

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

Unless you absolutely need to take the October test I'd definitely suggest postponing until you have some more time to prepare. If you're set on doing, then taking the most recent tests makes sense since they're likely to be most representative of what to expect in October.

• JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
    95 karma

It does seem to be a little late in the game to be taking PrepTests if you're taking the October LSAT, but if you are dead set on that test date I would only take max 3 PrepTests before then so you do not burn yourself out before the test. Starting with the oldest of the 3 and working up to newest. Leaving at least 3 days between your final PrepTest and the October LSAT.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

@CynthiaVeee said:
    It does seem to be a little late in the game to be taking PrepTests if you're taking the October LSAT, but if you are dead set on that test date I would only take max 3 PrepTests before then so you do not burn yourself out before the test. Starting with the oldest of the 3 and working up to newest. Leaving at least 3 days between your final PrepTest and the October LSAT.

I took 20 Prep Tests in 15 days prior to writing in June (one a day for ten days and two in a row for the last five days). I didn't get burned out but it was definitely a lot of effort. Of course, that was after 7 months of studying for 3-4 hours a day. The point is, I wouldn't discourage someone from going that hard. However...

...for the OP: if you need a high LSAT score you would do well to push back your date until you have completed a course of study (like the 7Sage core curriculum) and are scoring where you need to be on multiple Prep Tests. Otherwise, you are very likely setting yourself up for disappointment.

• JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
    95 karma

@sunshowers my suggestion is also taking into account if you have other life obligations in the way, such as working full time like I do. It makes studying for the LSAT a bit more complicated when you have time constraints, so definitely consider how much time you have to study/take PTs and how much time you are willing to set aside for LSAT studying in the longrun to maximize your score.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

This is what I did in July.

I did PT 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, and 69

I scored 150-151 consistently on each of those, 152 on 53 I believe, and scored 154 in July (I cancelled my score)

Personally, I have done every single PT from 1-65, a few from the 70s and im dipping into the 80s now

I still feel like I learned the most from 50-53, and really think they are worth doing, even redoing. I redid 50, 51, and 52 because they were great (its funny how much you forget).

Best of luck!