Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble with Problem Sets on Tablet

goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
in General 320 karma

Hi everyone - I just got the Microsoft Surface Go Tablet and I've been trying to do some problem sets on it. I'm having a lot of trouble with highlighting/underlining (with my fingers and a stylus). Can someone give me some pointers as to how to do this? Or point me to a tutorial? I've been searching online but haven't come across actual "how to take test on tablet" tutorials that details the highlighting. I know this sounds silly but I want to get this down so it's not another thing to worry about when taking the test. Thanks!

Comments

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

Thanks for letting us know about the issue! I just tried on MS Edge on Surface Go and highlighting is working for me on my side using finger and trackpad.

To highlight, what I did was:

1. Tap on the yellow highlighter button in the toolbar at the top of the tester. After I tapped it, it the button turned light blue.
    2. Tapped and dragged across the area I wanted to highlight. The area selected is highlighted blue until I let go.
    3. Let go of tap. The area I selected becomes highlighted in yellow. The highlighted area is automatically expanded to include any word that was touched. So if I highlight "e c" of "the cat", all of "the cat" becomes highlighted.

Please let us know if this helps or if there is still trouble on your side!

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Thanks Alan! Yes this works fine with a trackpad but we won't have one on the actual LSAT so the highlighting not responding well to my finger or stylus is still an issue. I even returned the random brand stylus from Amazon and bought the one from Microsoft to see if that would help but it didn't.

I can practice on the trackpad for now but would like the functions to work just as responsively to the stylus as it does to the trackpad to replicate real testing conditions.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3075 karma

@goforbroke I'm glad the trackpad is working! I also tested using finger on MS Edge and it works on my side.

Did you turn on "Tablet mode"? I don't have the tablet here with me right now so I can't give exact instructions, but here is a website that explains how to do it on Windows 10:

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/enable-tablet-mode-windows-10

Please note that in first digital examination, the LSAC did not use the high quality official MS stylus, but instead used a cheap dollar-store style stylus.