Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for those whom have taken the LSAT before- Breaks

Hi everyone!

This question is for anyone who has already taken the LSAT. I am wondering what is allowed during the 20 minute breaks between sections, specifically, if snacks are allowed. I am hypoglycemic, and if I don't have a small snack every few hours, my blood sugar drops. I get dizzy and my brain performance suffers. If they do allow snacks during the breaks, how does this work? Can you bring your own? Or are there ones for purchase at testing centers? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nicole

Comments

• Anonymouse-1Anonymouse-1 Alum Member
    189 karma

Yes. Snacks are on the list of allowed items (well a snack is...) as well, you can bring a beverage (unspecified) in a plastic container

• Shane C.Shane C. Alum Member
    131 karma

It is a 15 minute break FYI. With the digital tests, it is timed by the system, and the proctors begin right as it ends. (Per my experience)

• Thank you so much for the responses. I feel better now!

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    edited October 2019 849 karma

@"Shane C." said:
    It is a 15 minute break FYI. With the digital tests, it is timed by the system, and the proctors begin right as it ends. (Per my experience)

Was this how it was in September? That was not the case in July (at my center), it took them forever to get going after the break, I really hope this is a uniform rule now.

• Shane C.Shane C. Alum Member
    131 karma

@zacharytsmith26 said:

@"Shane C." said:

Was this how it was in September? That was not the case in July (at my center), it took them forever to get going after the break, I really hope this is a uniform rule now.

My test center got smoothly back to the test right after the break. Perhaps they were not yet familiar with it, so it slowed things down?