Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Month Strategies. #help

MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
edited October 2019 in General 50 karma

I'll be sitting for the November LSAT. Started mid August and going on third and final month.
Looking for any advice on how my last month should be spent. In fact, how should any 7sager's last month be spent? Any wisdom you all can offer would be stellar!

Goal:
-160, something like -20 overall.

LSAT progress:
-Began mid-August. J07 was a gut-punching 143. Turns out not a fluke, next PT days later was 142. End of August 143. BRs were 157.
-Taken during early CC days. Only finishing 60-70% questions and burning out mid-test. Was very reticent to skip. Not really skipping.
-Avg LR -13 LG -16 RC -14. Overall -43.

-Pushed through most of CC excluding RC. 50% through foolproofing LG. Tearing through Manhattan drill book. Not done with that.

Now:
-Early to mid October PTs were 156, 154, 152. BR is holding between 161 and 165.
-Now finishing some LR sections completely with 5-8 skipped Qs with about 3 mins to burn.
-Avg LR -11 LG -13 RC -11. Overall -35.

How should I proceed for each section? I'll assume that I need to wrap up LG foolproofing. Will LR CC repeat yield much? If so, should it be analytics-driven? Is RC CC going to yield anything more than BRing RC sections would?

Sacrifice older PTs below 50 for timed sections?

Thanks in advance, 7sage community. You all have been incredibly helpful.

Comments

• lydia.huang105lydia.huang105 Alum Member
    41 karma

Definitely focus on finishing the foolproof for LG, i find that to be the section with the most improvement over a short period of time. That way you can have some more wiggle room for wrong answers in the other sections.

RC is usually a hit/miss for me, not too much to do given then one month left (in my opinion ofc, I'm sure others can give you a more helpful advice on this)

LR: focus on tearing down exactly why you got each question wrong.
    Using the BR method, you can try to understand your thought process for skipped/missed questions and see where LSAT gets you (either with tricky trap answer choices or confusing stimulus). If there are certain types of questions you just can't get right in a short time frame, skip those during your timed test, that gives you more time to analyze the questions you have a higher chance of getting right.

Hopefully this helps! I'm taking the November test as well so good luck to us!

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

Thanks, Lydia. Good luck!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Seems like with only three months of prep you have quite a bit of PTS left. I would try to do a couple of the recent ones. Can you grind and go ham on LG as much as you can? Theres so much room for improvement left. I would literally spend like a minimum of 3 hours a day on games alone if you can. In about 2 months I went from not knowing how to do the games to -2 to -0 consistently. I didnt even do too many games.

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

Awesome--thank you! Yes, these data are the result of 7 practice tests, including J07. Those two, 3-series runs at the beginning and early this month are all I've done.

Should there be a transition from CC/dedicated training like LG cram/timed sections to only PTs at some point?

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

How should I proceed for each section? I'll assume that I need to wrap up LG foolproofing. Will LR CC repeat yield much? If so, should it be analytics-driven? Is RC CC going to yield anything more than BRing RC sections would?

Sacrifice older PTs below 50 for timed sections?

I agree with those above that you should focus on LG. Just in terms of time required to prepare, it's LG, LR, then RC. There's very little you can do for RC I think, and though you should definitely keep BRing and doing practice sections, I would focus on LG and LR given your score range in order to maximize gains. Definitely foolproof LG as much as possible, and for LR, you want to keep doing full sections but also really drill or figure out what's going wrong on your weakest question types. Also make sure to also foolproof entire LG sections, not just games! Managing a section is different from managing a single game, and you don't want that to throw you off.

In terms of overall last month prep, I really didn't study during the last week. I just did maybe one section a day, or half an LR section, one RC passage, and one or two games. In the last week there's very little you can do, and it's better to get your mental game strong:

https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/18450/7sage-podcast-episode-8-the-week-before-the-lsat-how-to-manage-nerves

Good luck!

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    edited October 2019 1094 karma

I'll echo the rest of the people: fool-proofing LG is your main priority. Aside from that, you need to focus on LR translation drills, but if you can clean LG you'll be over 160 already.
    Also, consider postponing the test until you're comfortably hitting your target score.

• a. valdeza. valdez Member
    112 karma

exactly in the same position! DM me if you need anyone to vent with haha