Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Still waitlisted for November LSAT, is January 2020 LSAT too late for Fall 2020?

hopefulfuturelawyerhopefulfuturelawyer Alum Member
in General 29 karma

I'm registered for the November 2019 LSAT, but every test center is currently full. My account says that I have a seat reserved but I'm technically not guaranteed a spot yet. Does anyone know if LSAC usually finds locations for reserves? I'm nervous that they may make me take the January LSAT instead. I'm trying to get scholarships at decent schools (not necessarily aiming for t-14, but will apply to a few) but I'm not sure if this is possible applying this late in the cycle. I didn't score that well for September and I basically only have a month to study for November, so I wouldn't mind taking January to have more studying time. I really want to start in 2020 but I don't know if that's realistic if I have to do the January LSAT. Would appreciate any advice or feedback

Comments

• Cydney LCydney L Alum Member
    44 karma

From what I understand (after being on a waitlist for a seat for the October test), you are guaranteed a seat for the November test. The only thing that is not certain is which test center you'll be placed at.

• jakejohns777jakejohns777 Member
    52 karma

Depends, if your numbers are solid with the schools you apply to after the Jan Lsat, they will make room for you.

• hopefulfuturelawyerhopefulfuturelawyer Alum Member
    29 karma

@"Cydney L" said:
    From what I understand (after being on a waitlist for a seat for the October test), you are guaranteed a seat for the November test. The only thing that is not certain is which test center you'll be placed at.

Thanks! You were right they were able to place me, but I’ve decided to withdraw because I don’t feel ready

29 karma

@jakejohns777 said:
    Depends, if your numbers are solid with the schools you apply to after the Jan Lsat, they will make room for you.

Thanks that’s a good point! I feel like I would still be rushing it for the January test, so I’ve decided to delay

• Optimistic23Optimistic23 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Well they cancelled the November exam anyhow, so most who didn't take it then either took a makeup option on 12/8, or will do the January date tomorrow. How far out do you plan to delay?

29 karma

@Optimistic23 said:
    Well they cancelled the November exam anyhow, so most who didn't take it then either took a makeup option on 12/8, or will do the January date tomorrow. How far out do you plan to delay?

Oh wow, I didn't know that! I actually decided to delay until next cycle lol. I didn't really study for more than two months, but now that I'm off from school I feel that I'll be able to focus more. So I'll probably take the June or July LSAT of this year.