Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lsat began 2 hours late!

itsalex559itsalex559 Alum Member

Should I file a testing center complaint?
The proctors were very inefficient, and were very leisurely running the test, while laughing and gossiping with eachother in between giving instructions. It took us an hour and thirty minutes past the start of the exam to actually start.
This was DETRIMENTAL because I am a student with ADHD and my medicine is instant release (lasts only 4-5 hours. The mere wait to get into the room ate up half of my time on my medication.) The second half of the test my medicine was worn off and I could hardly hold focus through a reading passage.
Aside from this I also suffer from anxiety and the wait, and knowledge of my medicine leaving my system with an entire half of the LSAT left certainly harmed my score.
I really dont know what to do. I felt really good about the first half of the test, It's possible I magically did well so I dont necessarily want my score canceled. Im also taking my last lsat next month in the same testing center, and i'm nervous this will happen again.
Honestly, I'm really distraught at how unprofessional this was, I felt really good going into today and now I feel terrible.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

You are absolutely justified in filing a complaint. I'm sorry to hear this happened

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

Where was your test center?

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

You should complain, mine was delayed about 30-45 min because they couldn't figure out a seating chart and I am thinking of complaining (to get my money back). Mine is much less serious but come on, we should be able to expect professionalism and competence from all parties involved, this test determines our future.

• CoolDudeCoolDude Alum Member
    57 karma

Going digital is a mistake. At best only the writing portion should be digital.

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited October 2019 1810 karma

Yeah, I once had to start 2 hours late. Today it was technically 2 hours after the start time (2:30 versus 12:30). It really adds a whole different dimension of difficulty when you suffer from anxiety. Do folks think writing letters about this and having them send a note to law schools is a good idea? Could it backfire if there's more than one letter?

• zxcv1111zxcv1111 Alum Member
    17 karma

Where was your test center? I took mine in NJ and the exam was delayed for almost an hour and a half. We were not allowed to go to the bathroom until the exam began.

• mnvallettemnvallette Core Member
    19 karma

Yes. Absolutely report it. I had a very similar situation happen to me and I wasn't sure if I should report it. I decided against it and regret not reporting every day. That's unacceptable. We spend months and countless hours of our lives preparing for this test and pay an egregious amount to LSAC. They should have their stuff together. This is your future we're talking about.

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Most definitely report

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@starkashman8 My September LSAT started 3 hours late and I was the only one they had trouble to get going. I filed a complaint and they always either let you release your score or they let you cancel and reassign you to another test day for free. In the end it's up to you.