Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How old are you going to be when you start law school?

13»

Comments

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

I'll be 39 when I start. Leaving a 14 year active duty military career as a senior Non-Commissioned Officer. Hopefully that will offset my rather sub-par GPA.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    I'll be 39 when I start. Leaving a 14 year active duty military career as a senior Non-Commissioned Officer. Hopefully that will offset my rather sub-par GPA.

It can help - but not as much as the LSAT score! What reallllllly helps is the sweet sweet post 9/11

• jayp1011jayp1011 Alum Member
    76 karma

If I begin 1L Fall 2020, I will be starting at 30.

• J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
    137 karma

Well, glory be!! I will be 57 WHEN I start law school. I have been a sales exec for many years and cannot wait to start my new career!! Oh, and there are many, many lawyers who work into their 80's and 90's. So to all of my fellow "late-bloomers" I say Cheers!!!

• LoisisdeterminedLoisisdetermined Live Member
    edited October 2019 44 karma

I was just speaking with my therapist to whom I complained that I wanted to take the LSAT in January 2020 but was upset that I might not get into the schools I wanted to by September 2020. I am going through a divorce, having to repair my house to sell, dealing with health issues and just needing time to center, exhale and focus, but I have been battling this LSAT for quite some time now and wanted to finally tackle it "full force" since I have gotten rid of the physical obstacle that was standing in my way. My therapist told me to wait a while, instead of focusing on 2020, focus on 2021 to get everything situated regarding my mental, emotional and living arrangements, etc. "But, I will be 54 next year" I told him, totally frustrated that I will be almost 60 by the time I do get in and finish. I am reading some of these posts and they are "right on time" because someone said he will be 63, another will be 57 and here I am 53 years old worrying about taking even more time to study. I am so glad I found 7Sage and the 7Sage community. You guys are helping me tremendously.

FYI, I currently work in a law firm in DC and I wish I could post the picture of the former Senator who has been a lawyer (graduated college in 1954) here for 59 years as he moves down the long hallways ever so slowly, independent of any aid, but his mind is sharp as a whip and conversation is long if you ask him a question. He too is my motivation.

Thanks so much!

• 31 karma

32 or 33! Love this thread. :)

• kris.stoffkris.stoff Member
    15 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:
    i'll be 23.

Nobody likes you when you're 23

• PianobarPianobar Free Trial Member
    24 karma

Hi guys I’ll be 46 when I apply. At some point I thought it was kinda late but seeing so many people at my age going to Law school I guess I can do it also. Best of luck to all!!

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@lsatgodjk I'll be starting 2020 and will be also 27. We good

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

32 (pushing for Fall 2020 start) with an MS in Medical Pathology, full time career as a PA. I came looking for a challenge!

If I'm accepted, I'll work full time at our consultancy and attend law school part time on a 4-year track. I'm trying to create something new and interdisciplinary, with value.

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

@"kris.stoff" said:

@"H96 J.D" said:
    i'll be 23.

Nobody likes you when you're 23

Don't forget the jointly sufficient condition, "and you still act like you're in freshman year!"

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

• fsgearthfsgearth Member
    9 karma

If all goes well, and I start law school in the Fall of 2020, I will be 56. I already have an advanced degree in international business that has given me little return on investment since graduation. I have been thinking about law school for far too long. I have finally begun to taken action. I don't feel that I am out of time by any stretch. I just need enough aid, brain power, some work income, housing & the Lord by my side. Nice to see many others in this forum that are over 45 years old and heading in the same direction! :smile:

• Stormin NormanStormin Norman Alum Member
    18 karma

42 if next fall.....