Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proofing Games

Hey everyone, just have a general quesiton regarding the fool proof method of logic games. Should I be also answering the quesitons when i fool proof games or just stick with set-up, inferences etc? I seem to find that by repeated game 5 or above the answers just seem to be too easy because i have basically memorized them at that point. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Andi5678Andi5678 Alum Member
    21 karma

I know you memorize the correct answer by the second or third go, but did you memorize how to ARRIVE at the correct answer? Sometimes you do and I think it's still ok if you memorized how you arrived at the correct answer because hopefully you're learning some ways to do things from that. What is not ok is to just memorize the correct choice without any reason for it. The point of Blind Review is that you internalize how to get to the correct answer through repetition. For some questions, it's about getting the diagram right. For others it's using that diagram in the most time-efficient way to get to the right answer, so yes I absolutely go through the answers every time. Doing the diagram is only one portion, yes, it's a big portion because if that diagram is backwards you're going to have a hard time moving through the questions fast, but to me getting the diagram is basically getting the building block upon which the rest needs to be built. Do the questions!

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

I promise after returning to a particular game after a month of doing 100 other games you won’t remember the questions. You may remember the best way to setup the game board, but I think it becomes more of an intuitive reaction to the games you see—both repeat and fresh—rather than memorizing the game.