Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Our Free Logic Game Videos

2»

Comments

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

This is unfortunate. Those free youtube explanations were exactly what lead me to being an Ultimate + member on this life-changing website. Shame shame shame. Thanks for letting us know JY.

• emma.oconnellemma.oconnell Core Member
    9 karma

I’m so grateful to have had these videos. I have struggled for SOOO long to grasp and thoroughly understand the LG’s these videos helped me raise my score and gain confidence to tackle the games, I used to hate doing games, and now I would rather do games than LR. I seriously cried when I found out that they were being taken down. I can’t afford to pay for another LSAT prep course, these videos have saved me. I’m BEYOND sad and upset. LSAC is freaking greedy, and I wish all aspiring law students weren’t beholden to their greed and their monopoly on our career aspirations.

• bigjoecbigjoec Alum Member
    56 karma

When the access is shut off, will we just lose the videos, or will we lose access to the entire explanation page (e.g. https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-58-section-3-game-3/ ).

In particular, it would be cool if we could still at least see JY's recommended target time for each set.

Also, it would be super cool if someone would go through each video and transcribe JY's opening thoughts (e.g. "this is an easy one", "this is the hardest game in the set", etc.), and add that to the text of the page that we'll retain access to once the videos are locked down. But that's probably pretty labor intensive.

• motximotximotximotxi Member
    88 karma

Yes, came here to say this! Is there any way you could keep the target time?
    Thanks!

@bigjoec said:
    When the access is shut off, will we just lose the videos, or will we lose access to the entire explanation page (e.g. https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-58-section-3-game-3/ ).

In particular, it would be cool if we could still at least see JY's recommended target time for each set.

Also, it would be super cool if someone would go through each video and transcribe JY's opening thoughts (e.g. "this is an easy one", "this is the hardest game in the set", etc.), and add that to the text of the page that we'll retain access to once the videos are locked down. But that's probably pretty labor intensive.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@bigjoec said:

Hi there,

Thank you for the suggestion. I confirm that we will keep the target time information available.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@motximotxi said:
    Thanks!

@bigjoec said:

Hi there,

I confirm that we will keep the target time information available.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

• tienatiena Free Trial Member
    24 karma

there is a blind review going on for prep test 88; will all those explanations also disappear tomorrow for people with free accounts? please respond; this is very important to me!

• sbeleuz-1sbeleuz-1 Alum Member
    5 karma

Is there a chance to upgrade to retain access to the LG explanations for a shorter amount of time for those taking the November test?

5740 karma

@tiena said:
    there is a blind review going on for prep test 88; will all those explanations also disappear tomorrow for people with free accounts? please respond; this is very important to me!

Hi there,

No, the BR recordings for PT 88 will continue to be available for a period of one month.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

5740 karma

@"sbeleuz-1" said:
    Is there a chance to upgrade to retain access to the LG explanations for a shorter amount of time for those taking the November test?

Hi there,

The only options for upgrading are to Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+. However, you will only pay the difference between the courses. For example, if you upgrade from Starter to Premium, you will pay $170.

Please note that with the Starter course, you will continue to have access to the Logic Games video explanations for the PrepTests included in your course (PrepTests June 2007 and 36-44). The explanation videos are available on the Explanation Videos tab (https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/). You will also continue to have access to the full Core Curriculum.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• Larisa_ShLarisa_Sh Free Trial Member
    19 karma

@"Elaine --Student Service--" said:
    @"sundus.sheikh825"

omg i cried at this. truly really crappy news. if i signed up for the cheapest course package would i still be able to have access to LG vids? i can't afford much more than that and LG videos were already a life saver for me :(

We have decided that students enrolled in our Premium, Ultimate, and Ultimate+ courses will have access to all Logic Games video explanations (currently PT 1- 87).

If you have a fee waiver from LSAC, you can get Premium with $179 off (we offer either a free Starter course or $179 off of your purchase of Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+. Please note with the free Starter course you can't purchase extensions or PrepTests on this page: https://7sage.com/addons/ But you can upgrade to Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+ later).

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the Starter course. The above information states that if you have a fee waiver from LSAC, then it gets you a free Starter course? Not sure how to purchase it using fee waiver,all it asks is credit card information when I try to buy it.

5740 karma

@Larisa_Sh said:

@"Elaine --Student Service--" said:
    @"sundus.sheikh825"

omg i cried at this. truly really crappy news. if i signed up for the cheapest course package would i still be able to have access to LG vids? i can't afford much more than that and LG videos were already a life saver for me :(

We have decided that students enrolled in our Premium, Ultimate, and Ultimate+ courses will have access to all Logic Games video explanations (currently PT 1- 87).

If you have a fee waiver from LSAC, you can get Premium with $179 off (we offer either a free Starter course or $179 off of your purchase of Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+. Please note with the free Starter course you can't purchase extensions or PrepTests on this page: https://7sage.com/addons/ But you can upgrade to Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+ later).

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the Starter course. The above information states that if you have a fee waiver from LSAC, then it gets you a free Starter course? Not sure how to purchase it using fee waiver,all it asks is credit card information when I try to buy it.

Hi there,

To claim a free Starter course, forward us (studentservice@7sage.com) the email titled "Notice of Fee Waiver Decision" from lsac_notice@lsac.org with a PDF. We will upgrade your account to Starter for free. With a free Starter account, you can't purchase extensions or PrepTests on this page: https://7sage.com/addons/. But you can upgrade to Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+.

• Kwam_LoveKwam_Love Member
    29 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" said:

@"sbeleuz-1" said:

Hi there,

The only options for upgrading are to Premium, Ultimate, or Ultimate+. However, you will only pay the difference between the courses. For example, if you upgrade from Starter to Premium, you will pay $170.

Please note that with the Starter course, you will continue to have access to the Logic Games video explanations for the PrepTests included in your course (PrepTests June 2007 and 36-44). The explanation videos are available on the Explanation Videos tab (https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/). You will also continue to have access to the full Core Curriculum.

Hello Juliet-

It keeps saying that I cannot access the logic game explanation videos for the prep tests that I have access to (since I have the starter package I should have access to the games video for prep test 41) unless I upgrade to premium or higher. On the discussion forum, you stated that folks who have the starter package would retain the explanation videos for the games of the practice test that are included. Can you please help me troubleshoot?

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

@kameelahp said:

@"sbeleuz-1" said:

Hi there,

Hello Juliet-

It keeps saying that I cannot access the logic game explanation videos for the prep tests that I have access to (since I have the starter package I should have access to the games video for prep test 41) unless I upgrade to premium or higher. On the discussion forum, you stated that folks who have the starter package would retain the explanation videos for the games of the practice test that are included. Can you please help me troubleshoot?

I have the same question. I thought these videos would still be included. Did I misunderstand this information?
    This is the message I am now seeing...We regret to inform you due to forces beyond our control these LG explanation videos are no longer freely available. For more information, please see 7Sage Forum or Reddit.

The full set of LG explanation videos are only available to students with LSAT Premium or higher level courses.

You need LSAT Premium or higher course to see this video. Enroll now in less than a minute.

• emanning2emanning2 Alum Member
    2 karma

Is there any partial refund for users who bought the LSAT Starter package since this was to be included in the price?

5740 karma

Hi @Kam_Love, @smartaone2, and @emanning2

I'm so sorry about this. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You should still be able to access the Logic Games video explanations for the PrepTests included with your course.

I will look into this and let you know when the fix is out.

5740 karma

Sorry for the trouble. We rolled out a fix and you should now be able to access the Logic Games video explanations for the PrepTests you have access to in your course.

Let us know if you're still having issues.

• shmfr19shmfr19 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

@motximotxi said:
    Thanks!

@bigjoec said:

Hi there,

I confirm that we will keep the target time information available.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

HI, where can I find the target time? It seems that it has been taken down as well?

• smartaone2smartaone2 Alum Member
    512 karma

Sorry for the trouble. We rolled out a fix and you should now be able to access the Logic Games video explanations for the PrepTests you have access to in your course.

Let us know if you're still having issues.

Awesome! Thank you much for the quick response!

• grasshopper47grasshopper47 Core Member
    39 karma

Hi JY and 7sage, I am very sad but at the same time motivated and inspired by what you guys have done so far. It really does make me work harder to be someday able to serve a similar cause. Thank you guys for being awesome.

• babridger17babridger17 Member
    52 karma

I thought I understood it as they would only be removed from youtube due to liscening issues stemming from the fact they were being made availabe for free. Considering they were in fact available for free, it seems the natural next step would be to only have them available for people who have purchased a 7sage course. It was stated, " They will still exist, but only to students enrolled in a full 7Sage course". I guess this could be interpreted as excluding starter courses due to the word "full", even though thats quite ambiguous. But then following the previous statement this explaination was given, "This way, we can track usage and send licensing fees accordingly". To me, if the point is to be able to track licensing it seems that the starter should be included as well. The videos went from totally free to not even being attainable with a $180 course. Did they raise the price of the licenses too? How does this work?

• czechoutnicczechoutnic Alum Member
    31 karma

This is such a bummer. I added three more months to cover November and January's test because I need help on Logic games. Sure enough, November's test came back and I missed my mark big time. I didn't have time to finish the last TWO logic games, so they were all guesses, with only one lucky right answer. January is looking grim as well now. I'm a first generation law school hopeful, doing this whole application and lsat thing on my own... without enough money to go premium. My soul hurts! However, I am grateful for the community here and all the resources I do have access too. But bummer.

• @czechoutnic

This may not help your situation right now, but I wanted to let you know that we do have a "score guarantee" that says if you have an unsatisfactory score, to show us the report and we will extend your course until the next LSAT test administration date.

Of course, I hope you score high and don't have to take advantage of this! But, just letting you know in case something goes awry.

• tierrarainy22tierrarainy22 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Im not understanding. There are other free sources. If you wanted to start charging, theres nothing wring with that. I downloaded this app which is basically just an ad for your LSAT prep course.
    Im all about the free market, and charging for your services, but be upfront about it.

• SaulGoodmanSaulGoodman Member
    111 karma

J.Y., you are simply wonderful. I know how disappointing this is for both you and all of the students who will be affected. But the profoundly positive impact of these videos being free for so long will stick around. Everyone is so grateful for the time that we had with those free resources.