PT11.S4.Q24 - Mainstream economic theory holds that manufacturers

NapoleonNapoleon Member
edited October 2019 in Logical Reasoning 12 karma

What are the parts of this argument?

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q# - [brief description]"

Comments

• NapoleonNapoleon Member
    edited October 2019 12 karma

[deleted]

Admin. note: Comment has been deleted because due to LSAC licensing regulations, we cannot have verbatim questions copied into the forum. What we do is we use the formatting convention "PT#.S#.Q#" to point other 7Sagers toward the question.

edited October 2019 12 karma

[deleted]

Admin. note: Comment has been deleted because due to LSAC licensing regulations, we cannot have verbatim questions copied into the forum. What we do is we use the formatting convention "PT#.S#.Q#" to point other 7Sagers toward the question.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I was awful at these argument part questions so maybe I can help show you how I finally got better at them.

Before you ever look at the answer choices you want to read the argument and find the conclusion as well as have a a basic understanding of the argument. The answer choices are designed to confuse you and will seldom even label the argument part with the word choice you would use for yourself.

So where is the conclusion in this argument?

The last sentence which begins with Since... is the conclusion.

Next you want to find the words/sentence part of the argument you are being asked about. Your job is to then figure out what these words are doing. Looking at it I figured out it was a conclusion as other sentences support it but since it is not the main conclusion in the argument I also know that it would have to be a sub conclusion.

This is best expressed in answer choice A because it is supporting the main conclusion but also an important premise in which the argument is based.

12 karma

Correct Answer: (A)

Thank you @FindingSage!