Finally broke into the 160s...let’s go!!!

DaBears85DaBears85 Alum Member
in General 284 karma

After a year of studying starting with a 139 diag and 15 PTs, I finally broke into the 160s and dropped a 163 on PT 50. Thank god haha. Finally starting to put this all together; took me long enough. Thought I’d share my recent glorious victory.

Happy studying to y’all!

Comments

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

congrats !!! there will be brighter days, keep grinding and making dreams a reality

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!

• errrrr1452errrrr1452 Alum Member
    132 karma

Do you have any tips for those stuck in the low 150s?

• DaBears85DaBears85 Alum Member
    edited November 2019 284 karma

@RoadTo165 said:

Damn, never thought I'd see the day I'm giving out tips haha. Honestly perfect logic games. I've done every game from PT's 1-50 now at least twice. Most of them three times and I still got -2 on my last PT :/. It's a grind but that will definitely help boost you up into the higher 150s. From there I feel the biggest difference is LR finally starting to click. Just a month ago I would read the stimulus of most questions and have no idea where to start and that's even after the CC and reading Manhattan's LR cover to cover, but now for quite a few of the questions I know exactly what they are looking for which comes from just doing an absurd amount of problems and seeing the patterns. That being said, just keep doing problems over and over and results will come. I'm in no place to give advice on RC so I won't lol

For motivational purposes, keep your BR score in the back of your mind always. For like 3 months now I've been testing the mid-upper 150s with BR scores never below a 171 and up to a 177. That definitely helped because it told me I knew what I was doing and I could in fact do it.

Hope this helps!

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    edited November 2019 1094 karma

I started at 157 and am now firmly in the mid / high 170s. After all the resources I've been through I can honestly recommend three that helped me most.
    1. "The Loophole in LSAT Logical Reasoning" by Ellen Cassidy. If you haven't heard, you need this book in your life immediately.
    2. "Manhattan Prep Logic Games Strategy Guide." So good and easy to remember strategies for LG.
    3. 7Sage Ultimate+. The ultimate resource for LSAT Prep. Seriously, you get EVERY prep test, question, game, explanation, and a solid all-in-one core curriculum. I can build my own question set from the full bank based on the type and difficulty level I need to work on. Is this worth the money? This is worth double the money.

OP, may your logic come easily and may your test day curve be generous.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@wbrasic97 lets gooooooo

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Big shout to you. Keep on going.

• MorbidlyObeseCheetahsMorbidlyObeseCheetahs Alum Member
    50 karma

Way to go!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Congrats :)

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Same situation as you! I was stuck in the mid 150’s since July

I just got 160 & 162 on my most recent PTs, i am so happy! SO HAPPY!

I feel like once you get your BR score into the 170+ range, you start to hit 160

:)))

• ashali.pcashali.pc Alum Member
    17 karma

@wbrasic97 said:

@RoadTo165 said:

Damn, never thought I'd see the day I'm giving out tips haha. Honestly perfect logic games. I've done every game from PT's 1-50 now at least twice. Most of them three times and I still got -2 on my last PT :/. It's a grind but that will definitely help boost you up into the higher 150s. From there I feel the biggest difference is LR finally starting to click. Just a month ago I would read the stimulus of most questions and have no idea where to start and that's even after the CC and reading Manhattan's LR cover to cover, but now for quite a few of the questions I know exactly what they are looking for which comes from just doing an absurd amount of problems and seeing the patterns. That being said, just keep doing problems over and over and results will come. I'm in no place to give advice on RC so I won't lol

For motivational purposes, keep your BR score in the back of your mind always. For like 3 months now I've been testing the mid-upper 150s with BR scores never below a 171 and up to a 177. That definitely helped because it told me I knew what I was doing and I could in fact do it.

Hope this helps!

I can attest to the point about getting good at LG! I was stuck in the mid-high 150s for a long time but then I went through all of Fox's LG Playbook and of coursed watched 7sage videos after every practice section and test. I quickly shot up to 163 after just a few days/weeks of doing that. Now I consistently get -3 or -4 on that section when I used to get -8 or -9. It's the section a lot of people see the fastest improvement on too.

• TrademarkTTrademarkT Alum Member
    10 karma

This is great to hear and an encouragement to me and many others I'm sure, thanks for sharing! I hope to post a similar story soon.