Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much can I improve on LG in two weeks?

jessicamarie.olavejessicamarie.olave Alum Member
in General 14 karma

I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times, but I’m all desperate and antsy for advice on my particular situation

I’m taking the LSAT on Dec 5th (due to accommodations), and I just can’t seem to improve on LG. I haven’t studied too much for the other sections and tend to average -5 on RC and -10 on LR combined. Yet SOMEHOW, despite spending two months studying for LG, I’ve only managed to get through two of the games, and on my last two PT’s, I could only get through one. What throws me off is the game board setup. I am really, really bad at recognizing what kind of game it is (unless it’s super basic and obvious), and creating an efficient game board. Also, at making inferences. I know that LG is the section that can most be improved upon, and that’s part of what makes me feel so frustrated. I should be leaps and bounds beyond where I am now, given how much I’ve studied. I know there’s a handy PDF for mastering the LG’s, and I intend to drill drill drill the next two weeks, but I’m wondering if any of you sagers have any sage advice? Is there some magical PDF out there that lists every game type and the corresponding board? Once I get the board right, the questions (usually) come easy. The setup just kills me.

Thanks!

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I feel for you

I also have a LD, and get accomodations

my LD is primarily in RC, and I was going through what you were going through, and was frustrated because it is the hardest section to improve

My LG score was similar to your RC score.

I say make your own problem sets, and select the hardest LG games you can find and just do that.

Do the CC. Over. And over. and over. Until you have memorized it.

Focus on doing your best, and try to "abandon" the acceptable situation questions.

If you want the solution to any game, I can write one out for you, just shoot me a message. I would be more than happy to help. I made my own "tests" of LG (I collected the hardest games I came accross), and have solutions written out, and would be happy to share them!

Try to take notes while you listen to the video. Make sure after you listen to explanations you can replicate the baord

Try to use shapes to represent things (like circles for anthropoligists and scquares for geologists etc)

Dont focus on "categorizing" your games, just take it one game at a time

Try to select which questions you do first (do the ones with additional premises first, then the CBTs)

Make cue cards for the notations you cannot get, and remember: when the sufficient is failed the rule goes away! It is so easy to forget.

Do not be afraid to use your own notations. Sometimes I do not like the 7 sage game board, and solve it my own way. But usually I do, JY is really the best :)

The LG came to me so naturally, I feel like people with LDs have a very "strong" area (mine is analytical reasoning). Then, there is the weak area which is always such a pain. And we always have to put in like 5x the effort as everyone else. Ok im done ranting lol.

The good news for you is that the LG is the smallest part of the LSAT, and the easiest to improve. Dont lose hope! Keep practicing and you will succeed :)